IGNORED

What's under your undercoating?

gramercyjam

:disappoin :(

That's the worst part of the frame rails, they always rust from the inside out.

If it makes you feel any better, I've sent two cars to the crusher over the years because of the rust that started in the frame rails.:dead: It's like the Energizer Bunny, it keeps going, and going, and going.....

It is a fortunate man who has the supplies, the tools, and the knowledge to repair rust, and the situation that will let him be honest about what it will cost to fix! I long ago had all but the last one-but not answering a question is not the same as lying is it?

Will

P.s. sorry to hear about "the frame rail supriser"-sounds like something my High School served for lunch!

Yes. This was a bummer. But I just need to _shift_ into a higher gear and take care of it. It is just steel, putty in my hands. I AM the master of steel (As well as Jim Beam right now).

Actually, I was at 1889 lbs before I started fixin this rust crapola! Now I think I will be overweight, but not by too much. Thats OK too ... I have a 280Z crank and rods ready to go into the 240 block, so that might not be a bad thing either, I could turn out to be underweight. <LOL>

You gotta use your judgement about what is the truth and what is not. Everything is not black or white. As my mentors used to say, perception is reality (or course this is bullshit). Yes, my wife is a woman, so she gives me all the crap she can about my unproductive, expensive, manly car, etc. activities. But I love her, shes a good woman and the mother of my children. I give it right back to her and everything is cool (eventually). Hey, did I ever tell you guys about the time the Visa bill came in and there was a mysterious $1000 charge (according to her, I still say it was closer to $100), so she gets the number of the business on the bill and it turns out to be a "mens cabaret"? I camped out in the back yard for a week. That was OK. I deserved it.

Those photos are very, very disturbing. Makes my 240z look like it just left the factory.

I've been stripping off the undersealer. It was applied to bare metal. No paint inbetween. I guess this is because paint would chip if you hit something and peel off the metal, leaving it open to rust. Where as undersealer straight onto metal will flex and still adhere to the metal, preventing rust.

Anyway I want to re apply some sort of anti rust proofing, and was wondering what was the best way to do it.

Undersealer straigt onto bare metal, as nissan seem to have done. Or paint it, then underseal it. Should I use that POR 15 stuff on it then underseal.

What are other people doing?