IGNORED

Very rare 240Z emblem

kats

90950-E4101 - hatch deck grille outer. The plastic ones? The parts books list a self tapping screw, suggesting a different mounting than the molded pins. I have new ones at the shop. I'll check the number. They are plastic. There is a thread in the archives that talks about the grills and vent tubes. The "hoovers" as Chloe used to call them. It goes on and on about how that arrangement is mounted in the hatch. I always wondered if the grills were ever chromed metal; screwed into place.

This club sells an excellent part reference on Cd. Well worth the investment. I bought one and at great time and cost, printed it out for a three-ring binder. For me, the parts catalogs are a basic requirement. I have tow other catalogs and the illustrations are what make them. Great illustrations.

Hurricane season starts officially in June. 27th damned near got hit by a tree during our third one last summer. I think one of the reasons 26th is taking so long is because a good part of their roof was blown off. Some times in spring we get cold fronts blow in from the Gulf and they can be serious blasters. We call then "no-name" storms. A no-name was responsible for the Skyway bridge collapse years ago.

Probably posted this already in this thread but, I have a solid Z chrome emblem.

can post pics if people want to see it.

what do you mean by hollow cast exactly? seems pretty soild to me.

Calling all Aussies/NZers...

In addition to my emblem problem, Nissan Japan stopped shipping in Fairlady Grills and Mirrors. Can anyone get a hold of these?

I've got the part numbers.

my April 1970 car came with the same all chrome z on the rear hatch that Mr Camouflage has just posted. I wondered if that meant it would have originally come with all chrome quarter emblems, but that seems doubtful as they were supposedly only on cars up to 2/70 (per Kats). The car had no quarter emblems on it when I bought it.

Perhaps the all chrome hatch emblems were in use after the quarter emblems had the white z on them. Seems odd if so.

• 11 years later...