IGNORED

any 2.7ish owners?

I've just about finished the jigsaw of my engine.

I want to keep the original block....

I'm looking at

original 240z block

280z crank

1mm over bore

Forged pistons (35.1mm pin height)

forged rods to suit above

e31 head

hard valve seats with larger valves

Schneider 290f or 300f

Triple carbs/proper ignition and valve/cam timing hardware/6 branch manifold.  should give 2627cc, compression ratio of about 10.5:1

I've not got a damper yet, any opinions?

Has anyone got the above sort of setup?  how does it feel?  I'm not after all out bhp, just a fun feeling engine that likes to rev. any pitfalls?

Edited by Jason240z

Keep this in mind.  An engine with a shorter stroke will tend to be happier revving a bit, and an engine with a longer stroke will be happier at lower rpm.  Long stroke motors tend to make some nice mid range torque.  The angle at which the rod and cylinder centerline differ is something to think about.  None of this means your engine build will not be terrific.  Just that engines have different attitudes and stroke length is just one variable to consider.  

Hi,  yes, my odd piston height/rod combo moves things in my favour.  Given the lightweight nature of the build I'm not worrying about it bein lazy to rev.  We've all seen how fast a nicely built 3.2ltr motor will pickup and that's got the longest stroke.

Edited by Jason240z

I do have most of what youre planning.

I keept the E88 and Stroked the 280 Crank to reach 2753. It feels really good. Revs quick and has a lot low grunt (start at the light without any throttle with a lightweight Flywheel)... Fun to drive. Go for it

By the way Rebello is seeling such Kits. I asked him a view years back and he answered

You can buy our stroker kit. It comes with a stroked L28 crank (81mm) forged J&E piston, billet long rods and engine bearings.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, Yes, I guess there's options to take it further if needed.

I don't want massive power, 150bhp at the wheels, more importantly a light feeling/revvy/fun engine.  I'll be running a  4.44 LSD and 5 speed gearbox.

On 5/15/2017 at 0:01 PM, madkaw said:

Jeff will pop in here but he does the 2.7 the other method. 2.8 block with 2.4 crank

Sent from my iPhone using Classic Zcar Club mobile

Madkaw meant to say Guy did it the other way (twice). I built two motors with the F54 block P79 shaved (.080) head, swirl valves, Isky Stage III and other goodies bored .040 over with the L24 crank. Wow.....what a great set up....but probably a different feel than the L28 crank in a 24 block. Put as much cam as you can....Stage III....you won't regret it! This damper is serious.....Datsun Spirit can fix you up.

IMG_3422.JPG

Edited by Diseazd