guy_geo's Content - Page 16 - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

guy_geo

Community Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by guy_geo

  1. guy_geo replied to Dan's topic in Body & Paint
    Does it look like this one?
  2. From waht I gathered in my books on Z, the tires were Bridgestone, 165 or 175 13 inches for the States, ans in England tehy were using sometime Dunlops.
  3. Yeah good advice, I'll try to have a quote on the parts before the car is out!!!
  4. Well, congrat! Car looks sharp, but I have no idea why 2 choke levers... Welcome to our board and have fun reading! it is a nice place to be instructed on Z machines!
  5. guy_geo replied to guy_geo's topic in Body & Paint
    Ok, just wanted to know if this code is still availabale, so I will call them tomorrow.
  6. Oh , this is good stuff. I'vread on the www.zhome.com that it is feasible. My main concern, is I do not like playing with electric stuff especially for car.. Is it expensive to have it done by a machanic and is it long? What is/are the best brand(s) to put on my 1972 Z???:sleep:
  7. guy_geo posted a topic in Body & Paint
    My Z got the Orange 918 color on it. Where can I have this color? Does my Nissan dealer can have this on stock or can it be order there?
  8. Aye Aye sir!
  9. I might want to change the mags on my 240Z for something more handsome. What is the size? Merci?
  10. I may look like an idiot, but why do we have oil in these carbs? And do we need to oil them regularly?
  11. guy_geo replied to guy_geo's topic in Open Discussions
  12. Yes, I will post pics as soon.
  13. Ok, with the warm winter, if everything goes as planned, i should be able to have my car out of the storage and finalize the papers with the seller!!! Only 15 looooooong days again to wait! Can't wait to drive the car for the 1st time.. I'm anxious, cos I need to run a mechanical inspection on the car, but indeed, can,t wait anymore!!!:tapemouth
  14. Engineers usually comes from a planet called I'M AN... If you ask one person who is an engineer, what they do, they'll respond: I'M AN ENGINEER" They do live in their own planet sometimes, but are useful resources for us anyway! Sorry if it does not sounds funny in neglish, we it surely does in french, especially at my office. www.fti-ibis.com
  15. You can check the NADA guide or their website (Hemmings). http://cars.hemmings.com/hemmings/searches/price_checker/nadaguide.cfm It depends also on how bad you want the car.. Mine is pricey, 7000$US, but very straight.. Anyway, since these cars are rare in Canada (especially in Qubec), we have to pay the price for a good one. http://www.hvaa.com/free_used_car_values.htm
  16. Merde ($^!#)... I'm glad you're ok... It's onle a piece of metal, but you,re OK, that ' what counts!:eek:
  17. Mike, for the logo, ask my contact I gave you in Montreal... This logo is so sweet, it would be looking great on my Z!!!! And exclusive also!!!
  18. guy_geo posted a topic in Open Discussions
    ppp
  19. Keep on the good work!!!
  20. I'm not a guru, but a good exhaust system with headers is said to be good for about 10 hp. If you're not concerned with the smog emissions, you can drop the smog pump that gobs a lot of power for nothing (maybe 5hp max???) (mine is gone on my Z, removed by the previous onwer). Some K'N filter will help the engine to breathe better instead of the OEM air box.. My 0,02$ Canadian!
  21. Count me in as this morning! Where is my oscar, I mean my STAR!!!!
  22. Ok, good tips! If only the damn winter can finish....
  23. Ok, but if the frame rails are cracked, how can you diagnose tihs???
  24. I heard bad stories about some Zs having stiff suspension and crack body and sheetmetal torn... Is it true? I know the car I want to buy was equipped before with a strut bar in front, but this one was removed by the previous onwer.. Would it be a good idea to put it back again? How bad can be a stiff suspension on on a non rusted car like mine?
  25. Yep. Mike, you rock! You are doing a (in french) superbe travail!! The site is well designed, lot of efforts put into it, it is convivial and has plenty of excellent ressources (compare to another Z site I won't name here...) I'll be happy to contribute via Paypal my modest contribution in Canadian $ !!!!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.