IGNORED

Lead footed B's.

1 Bravo 6

Thats just the point, the kcuf here (work out why they're called that) are on a zero tolerance and are booking people for anything that they can - speeding itickets are THE fashion. There is no opportunity to explain extenuating circumstances, they're not even ging to lecture you, just write out the ticket and voila, you've just lost 2 or more points and have a fine to pay !

The fine plus a going over would calm me ! But that still leaves the (dare I say it) Volvo drivers poodling along at a 'safe' 3kmh under the speed limit, braking for no reason, turning without a signal, bumper hugging and generally leaving chaos behind them - they're the ones who have snug insurance bonuses 'cos they never had an accident ! How many were caused by their 'safe' driving ?

On that note I have to acnowledge that up here in Townsville we are getting it a lot better than down south where they have a 3% speed tolerance. They're still using the 10% tolerance here AFAIK.

Things were pretty bad here a year or two ago. We have this local councilor called Jack Willson that went on a mad anti "hoon" cruisade. His definition of "hoon" being anyone in any modified or hotted up car regardless of whether they broke the law or not. Not to mention that most people in nice cars are sensible and it's dumb kids in mummies camry or bogans in commodores screetching their tires on the strand.

Anyhow he went on to make many outrageous comments in the media about owners of modified cars, even outright calling us ALL criminals, and saying that we owned and modified these cars purely for criminal purposes and to purposly disrupt the public. And with all this hysteria in the media all the joe blows that are incapable of thinking for themselves jumped on the bandwagon. And yeah, everyone copped some pretty harsh threatment from the police.

Yeah well we spat the dummy at that. A large group (50 or so) of the townsville members of performance forums went and flooded the local paper with letters, all written to a very high standard pointing out that it's only a very small minority that do dumb sh*t etc etc.

I was the organiser of a big cruise to which we invited Jack and the media, so he could meet us criminals face to face and see that we were just average people, not to mention doctors, lawyers, IT profesionals, engineers etc etc. We had about 70 cars and bikes rock up for the cruise which was great, everyone was well behaved (as per usual on the big cruises) and it did a great job of giving the general public a new perspective on the modified car scene. Another great out come was that we came to a few agreements between us, the council and the police, which meant that the police backed right off.

The funniest bit though, the media managed to get an admission from Jack........on the local news, that he'd pulled skids in his car when he was younger!!! ROFL

Since then the council has got right in to support the car scene. Recently as part of the Townsville centenary celebrations they had a 400 strong supercruise and car show on the strand. We had some huge numbers come to watch too.

Wow....that turned into quite a long tale!

Originally posted by Sean Dezart

The fine plus a going over would calm me ! But that still leaves the (dare I say it) Volvo drivers poodling along at a 'safe' 3kmh under the speed limit, braking for no reason, turning without a signal, bumper hugging and generally leaving chaos behind them - they're the ones who have snug insurance bonuses 'cos they never had an accident ! How many were caused by their 'safe' driving ?

Wow, u must have terrible Volvo drivers in France. All the Volvo drivers here in AUS are fantastic. Especically the P-platers! Even more so the ones that drive green 940's.:classic:

The worst here are ambulance drivers - I'm talking about private ambulances, used in the main as taxis for people unable to walk to the doctors / hospitals etc and reimbursed by their health insurance. These guys (and gals) spend too much time on the road and hence take it all for granted, speeding, cutting up, phone in one hand, late braking, swinging off a three lane road onto the off ramp....

Women are the least polite and generally completely oblivious to anything other than what is in front. The small people carriers (Megan Scenics/Citroen Picassos) that allow them higher and therefore better vision permit them to hang closer to your butt 'cos they can see there's no danger in front of you. Of course there's no danger to them 'cos they can stop courtesy of ESP, ABS, KGB, KY, SOB..... !

It used to be Volvos, the 244DLs, especially estates but they got too expensive !

If you want to see bad driving just come to Spain. The young lads here at 18 are buying small GTIs that go like a rocket. They show off to their mates after a night of bars & "fiesta" by racing around the town centres, etc, etc. The sunday drivers clog up the roads at 50 kph, the women drivers park using their bumpers, the list goes on & on.

I´ve got no problem about speeding if it is done in a sensible controlled manner by drivers who know how to control their car, but I suppose that the governments have to put speed limits based on the average nerd´s driving ability, the average plonker´s road awareness & the average pot brains motor car.

I´ve been driving all over Europe for the last 23 years & so far only picked up one ticket for 42 mph in a 30 area about 2 miles from my parents home:stupid: . But using a bit of common sense I´ve done average spped trips of well over 90 mph on main roads without getting a ticket & I would like to think that I did not create any accidents, cut up anybody, etc.

When I really want to enjoy myself I go to one of the local race tracks. That´s the best place to go fast.

Yeah Symon, the track's the place to be wicked without the usual blue follow-up !

This might interest you :

situation: NOUGARO dans le GERS

possibilité de faire tourner des voitures de tous type pendant les journées club.

seul obligations pour tous véhicules avoir une assurance course .

pour les dates du mois de mai ou juin je ne les aurait que courant fin avril

prix de la journée par véhicule 70 €.

I'm sure I can find the motivation for you to improove your French !

I've been only a few times on the track with a Z but every time...mmmh ! Otherwise as a small club, we hire a karting circuit for team endurance races but beware, there are no friends on the track !

I totally agree with what Walking pig has to say... The tomatoes are really really really crap lately

LOL

Originally posted by Walkingpig

*dodges rotten tomatoes*

speaking of which, haven't tomatoes been poor quality lately... good time to plant a tomato seed! i am scared of food poisoning everytime i eat one!

I find all this really sad, because it shows the times. I've heard lots a stories from old timers about "maxing out" their falcon gtho's at 160mph-racing against 6 pack chargers

or racing their 240z(with tripple webbers in early 70's) thru mountain roads - keeping at 10 tenths for hours on end.(and dat 1600's)

ALL THIS ON PUBLIC ROADS

And those days are gone.. Now in qld if you get caught doing 45kph over you LOSE your licence for a min 6 months- and unlike drink driving you cant even get a work licence.

I'am not saying that the above things are sensible but its something that us younger petrol heads WONT ever be able to do -

the phase "lets take her out and see what she'll do" is over.

The cops dont even have to bust you - they sit in their van/4wd on the side of the road and let a camera do that(what a job hey).

Anyone watched cannonball run recently???

Ok, I accept that ! So, you prefer The Run with the girls (Katherine Ross from The Dukes Of Hazard) in the Lambo who, in the 2nd film get done by the lady cop ?

Anyone seen the 1st version of Gone in 60 Seconds or Dirty Larry and Crazy Mary (never did understand what that film was about) ?