IGNORED

Ahh, here at last!

halz

Given the technology of the time, with no computer operated painting robots and such, I think we'll find or it's quite possible that a whole day or more might have been spent pumping out Z's on the assembly line which were identical(same paint color and interior).

Not only the difficulty in change-over, but also you have to take into account that very few of the early Z's had any special options available. Except for different markets and VIN numbers, they were all nearly identical when they rolled off the assembly line, especially the earliest models.

What would be interesting is knowing how many different models(HLS, S30, etc) might have been built on the same assembly line or if they used a separate line for each model.

Originally posted by Gav240z

280zx Fever am I to understand u have a 2 seater S130? That's a rarity in Australia I remember you were after a shell I'd consider fixing up the 2 seater if u were thinking of replacing it with a 2+2 and swapping mechanicals don't.

Keep the 2 seater.:classic:

Both the S130's ive owned have been 2+2's i wish it was a 2seater...maybe if i take out the back seat it can be a 2 seater LOL

drunkenmaster,

I have entered all of the information, as I see it two are 1974 and the other probably1977 compliance, can you expand the information, compliance dates, original data plate engine numbers, exterior colours, interior colours, auto or manual ,aircon , mods and such

Cheers

Steve :classic:

You are correct, obvisouly one of the 1974's is a 2+2 so im not sure if you care about that.

The 1974 RS30 is a 10/74 and that is about the extent of the info I can offer you as it is a shell. It doesnt have a manual pedal box but I am unsure if it was born auto or later swapped for god knows what reason. The underbody undercoat was an off white colour, but im not sure if they were all that colour, same with the inside of the roof etc.

The 1977 is not at my place, but perhaps cuong may have compliance dates on it. exterior is a gold, interior is a cream. It is a manual with dealer fitted air con i think, which occupies most of the passenger footwell.

The '74 2+2 has a 280zx motor and transmission? at a guess. I wouldnt trust any of that car to be original.

drunkenmaster,

Thanks for that update, Iwill put all of that in even the 2+2 information as they help in lots of diffrent ways with dating and option /colour trends and such.

to the shell I take it this is a goer not being scrapped. "GOOD"

is the data plate still there with the factory number for the engine. I will chase you up later about the 77 RS30.

i take it from your comments that the 2+2 has a few diffrences, can you expand.

Cheers

Originally posted by sjcurtis

drunkenmaster,

Thanks for that update, Iwill put all of that in even the 2+2 information as they help in lots of diffrent ways with dating and option /colour trends and such.

to the shell I take it this is a goer not being scrapped. "GOOD"

is the data plate still there with the factory number for the engine. I will chase you up later about the 77 RS30.

i take it from your comments that the 2+2 has a few diffrences, can you expand.

Cheers

The shell i have put a lot of work into and sold it to a friend of mine as i have too many "projects" at once, it will see the road again. Th efaded plate has 108795 stamped into it, i assume there is a l26 printed infront of that number somewhere.

The 2+2 has a P90/F54 L28E with all thhe injection gear, hence I have doubts that the gearbox even belongs to it, maybe it was an auto and the pedal box was swapped with the conversion, who knows. The body colour is an acrylic grape colour, again not original, and the door drims are black whilst i have found the rear trims are cream that have been sprayed black.

the 77 has l26 163803 and for all intents and purposes seems to be an original car.

I dont have any of the cars at my house, but have the plates for the shell here hence the quick referencing, if you need anything else you can remind me friday night because i will be working on them first thing saturday morning.

ROFLLOLROFLLOL

I'm away for a week and come back to discover that the sand gropers have "lifted" a beautiful example of Z perfection from the eastern states.

Congratulations on your find Hayden, she looks great.

Gavin,

A good coat of wax does wonders for a Zeds appearance mate and the dust just hoses off. No dust covers for me, I like to look in on "Precious" quite often.

Hmmm, lifting the "Skirt" of a car cover to look at what is beneath could suggest a tendency toward voyeurism mate.

Hi there Steve,

Yes, mate, there IS only ONE "Precious" mate and she's all mine.

(Had another offer to buy her from me a couple of days ago).

Rick.

voyeurism - An obsessive observer of sordid or sensational subjects.

Hmmm I can live with that :).

It strikes me though how i can leave the car under a cover in a garage free from car parks to find that someone within my house knocked the side mirror so hard it won't screw back into the door properly.

I feel i can never win why me :disappoin .

I had it reversed into once and the front of the bonnet damaged $700 and 2 weeks later someone does it again this time the bumper $300 more.

I go to great lengths to look after my precious maybe I should just stop caring LOL.