IGNORED

Ahh, here at last!

halz

Well after the longest 3 days ever, my Z finally made it across the Nullabor to Perth yesterday. Am I excited? Oooo yeah!

The P.O. even replaced one tyre and steam cleaned the engine before it was collected by the transporter - bonus!

I eased it into the garage after an extended scenic drive home and stood there for about half an hour just looking at it. Tried to leave the garage about 3 times to go inside but couldn't get out the door - had to keep turning back to look!

Here it is:

post-1743-14150793068127_thumb.jpg

Halz I think you'll find it won't change, if your like me and I think you are, I always stare at mine, since i live above my garage which is kinda like a granny flat I always go down stairs and stare at my precious (Damn u rick) got that into my head.

ROFL

I have put it under a cover while it's in the garage for now since i'm saving for my new engine head and clutch and wanna wax it up but didn't want the dust to fall on it.

I have to lift the cover just to look at it's sexy lines.

Your gonna drive your wife nuts :)

halz,

now that is a real pleasure see, this photo realy shows of a smart looking Zed. You got the shipping address wrong thow, all late 73 Zeds go to Newcastle on the East Coast deliver to Steve.

just kidding.

Gav240z,

just thought I would pay out on the comment, but then I walk into my garage on a regular basis to, look, smile and go back to what I was doing. They are just the best, and ONE is called precious, lucky Rick.

cheers

Steve:classic:

280zx Fever am I to understand u have a 2 seater S130? That's a rarity in Australia I remember you were after a shell I'd consider fixing up the 2 seater if u were thinking of replacing it with a 2+2 and swapping mechanicals don't.

Keep the 2 seater.:classic:

The colour label on the radiator mount is too faded but I'm sure it is the original colour (matches the engine bay, spare wheel well, under the seats etc). By looking at the colour charts that Alfadog scanned some months (years?) ago I'd say it is 113. It looks like a flat colour in the shade but really brightens up in sunlight!

Hayden, You Scored! That's a beauty. Your in good company when you "have to go back into the garage just to look". I must admitt, I'm quite smitten with mine as well. That 113 paint looks like that green gemstone Perdot (sp?), It has a translucence to it. Hope the butterscotch interior is in good trim.

The seats have been retrimed once in their life and are overdue for it again. The carpets are tatty, the dash and console cracked. Fortunately, the tan headlining, door trims and vinyl diamond pattern around the rear strut towers is all complete and untorn. The tan plastic trim in the hatch area is also complete and not cracked...so I figure that the worn parts are fairly easily repaired or replaced and the remainder just needs detailing.