IGNORED

Hardware needed

14 hours ago, Terrapin Z said:

No captive washers no flange or recessed head. Just 9 in the 1.5 and 7 on the 1.25. 

That hardware style looks like what I'm dealing with here. Thick heads and that older style numbering font on them. And the patina is perfect as well.  LOL

I forgot to double check the thread pitch yesterday. I'll try to do that today.

Thanks!

• Like 1

So you already have the bolt you need.  The thread pitch for the starter is 1.50, at least for us 280z owners.  Not sure what the thread pitch os for the elite 240z owners class.  

2 minutes ago, Av8ferg said:

So you already have the bolt you need.  Not sure what the thread pitch os for the elite 240z owners class.  

Well I don't have anything yet, but that stuff that Terrapin posted looks like the kind of stuff elsewhere on my elite early 240 junk. LOL

Thank you, my friend for your offer to help, and the hardware you have would work in a pinch. A pinch that I may yet take you up on! Certainly better than what I have been using.

All L series blocks;  EVERY Female M10 thread in the block is 1.5 pitch. That includes the transmission case as well.  Starter bolts, clutch slave. The only “sort of” exception is the stud that mounts the alternator bracket, its 1.5 in the block, but the sticky-outty part is 1.25. 

All OTHER M10 threads (M and F) on the rest of the car are 1.25 pitch. Suspension and trans mount being most of them.

oh and as for your needed bolts…..

IMG_9272.jpeg

IMG_9271.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Captain Obvious said:

That hardware style looks like what I'm dealing with here. Thick heads and that older style numbering font on them. And the patina is perfect as well.  LOL

I forgot to double check the thread pitch yesterday. I'll try to do that today.

Thanks!

Let me know if I can help you out. I have a large tub of bolts. Patina style.....

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)

I can strip them and let them sit on a salt water soaked rag for a couple of weeks if you want.....

But that will be extra

Edited by zKars
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2