IGNORED

Hardware needed

Putting my "72" back together after a very long slumber and need 3 screws/bolts.

1 - Headlight bucket screw   M5 x 0.8 x 15mm of thread length 

Headlight Bucket screw.jpg

2 - Arm Rest   M6 x 1.0 x 20mm of thread (back of bolt head to end of thread not including locating nub at end) with lock washer

Grab handle & Arm rest screws 2.jpg

3 - Grab handle   M6 x 1.0 x 15mm of thread  with lock and captive washers 

The grab handle and arm rest bolts are philips with a hex head.

Any help with these would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Steve

If you’re OK with non-OEM fasteners, I’ve found every type of metric fastener I’ve ever needed for my Z at Ace hardware. Guarantee they’ll have the M5 and M6 hardware you pictured.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted (edited)

https://www.carpartsmanual.com/datsun/Z-1969-1978/body-240z/door-moulding-finish-arm-rest

As for the door handle and arm rest, the official fasteners are round head machine screws as noted in the parts fiche.  Now I have found plenty of cars with hex head bolts (with phillips heads, actually JIS) holding those handles on, so there may have been a hardware supplier issue, who knows. Of course also 100 or so past owners in the doors to fix all the things that go wrong that then used the wrong fasteners. 

If you really want the exact bolts you are showing, I have them and can send them to you. If you just want to attach your parts, Ace or Belmetric are wonderful resources.

Hint of the day. You likely struggled to get those four M5 machine screws out of the head light buckets, as have   I.  Once I have the out, I replace them with short M5 studs and nuts. Makes changing a light bulb out on a trip So. Much. Easier……

IMG_3586.png

IMG_3587.jpeg

Edited by zKars
  • Like 3

51 minutes ago, zKars said:

Makes changing a light bulb out on a trip So. Much. Easier……

Maybe I've forgotten something about this procedure, but wouldn't it be easier to just remove the chrome retaining ring and pull the headlamp unit out from the front?

Or perhaps you're referring to the procedure for a car whose headlights use replaceable bulbs rather than sealed-beams?

Posted (edited)

I am finding quite lot of Nissan hardware for the S30 (and to fit my CSP) is available, as some of those parts were used on other models, especially when Nissan's domestic market cars are included. 08310-62012 is listed on another Nissan engine, but NLA, but superceded by 08310-6201A. If you know how to read the part number, the A is more likely a filler, as the important info telling you what sort of fixing and size and length is the same.

Edited by RIP260Z
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Namerow said:

Maybe I've forgotten something about this procedure, but wouldn't it be easier to just remove the chrome retaining ring and pull the headlamp unit out from the front?

Or perhaps you're referring to the procedure for a car whose headlights use replaceable bulbs rather than sealed-beams?

Hmmm.. Neve thought of that. I’m not sure you can access the three trim ring screws from the front. There are two  little gaps where you can reach the aiming screws. I’m going out for a look!

Ok, took a look. There isn’t any way to get at the three screws from the front. 

Edited by zKars
  • Thanks 1