IGNORED

Fasten seatbelt light

2 hours ago, SteveJ said:

They were installed in Japan, but the wiring is there in your car, just like for the fog lights. I think the NOS supply of step lights was exhausted a few years back.

I would love to have a pair or figure out a kit that matched reasonably well

1 hour ago, Patcon said:

I would love to have a pair or figure out a kit that matched reasonably well

Be careful of what you ask for. With them comes the challenge of running power thru the wall of the A-pillar and into the front wall of the door, something that has to reliably deal with the flexing of the door opening and closing.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, jfa.series1 said:

Be careful of what you ask for. With them comes the challenge of running power thru the wall of the A-pillar and into the front wall of the door, something that has to reliably deal with the flexing of the door opening and closing.

I'm game. I did some looking today but didn't come up with anything.

2 minutes ago, SteveJ said:

Well you did better than me!

I looked for NOS lights on Yahoo Japan. I looked for images on Google.

I think the ones on etrailer are on the big size. Close to 4"s. The rim is also too wide and I want the lens to be translucent. I looked at Datsun dome lights to see if I could find something. Some of those were closer.

The ones for the BRZ look curved which I think would be an issue.

I have been using the wiring for the courtesy light (look for the blue tape) to install under dash (or footwell lights if you prefer), in every Z or 510 for some time now. Great addition and always appreciated by customers. Give the cars a nice easy modern touch. That silly dome light look pretty pathetic without them.

I use some little round LED’s I got from Princess Auto (harbor freight to you US of A’ers). Pic below. About 3/4”, just zip tie it or glue it something under the dash. Couple of matching vintageconnection bullet connectors and viola.

IMG_3422.png

• Like 1

Thats a great idea. I saw the two wires taped to the harness tonight when I was installing the LED flashers. It would be nice to have some light in the footwells. I have plenty of JDM style connectors I bought when I was rebuilding the harness. It would be easy to rig them up. 

Here is my flasher relay installed (note the proper connector for the ground). I used some 3M emblem tape and left the OEM flasher in place. I like being able to adjust the speed of the flasher. Now if I would have ordered the correct color 1157 bulbs, I would be all set. 

20240213_202954.jpg

• Like 2

Got some round LED's and made some floor lighting using the OEM wiring. I mounted them with some pieces of aluminum and used 3M emblem tape to hold them in place. I got the lights from amazon. Very pleased. Thanks @zKars for the idea.

20240220_182051.jpg

20240220_182203.jpg

20240220_185702.jpg

Edited by emccallum
  • Like 4