IGNORED

Front tires rubbing after new suspension install

loudoun

All,

I have replaced my stock 240Z (12/70) springs with Eibach springs and Koni yellow shocks from MSA. I powder coated all suspension components, replaced all bushings, the steering racks, and am running 15 inch tires. The front tires (exact same wheel/tire combo) never rubbed prior to the install. However, they do now in a hard turn. I have not had the steering aligned. Any suggestions on what to do?  Thanks!

10 hours ago, loudoun said:

All,

I have replaced my stock 240Z (12/70) springs with Eibach springs and Koni yellow shocks from MSA. I powder coated all suspension components, replaced all bushings, the steering racks, and am running 15 inch tires. The front tires (exact same wheel/tire combo) never rubbed prior to the install. However, they do now in a hard turn. I have not had the steering aligned. Any suggestions on what to do?  Thanks!

The front and rear fender wheel lips can be rolled up to help get you a bit more room, what size are the tires?

It is most likely it is rubbing on your lower valence. There is a way you can adjust that valence. I can’t remember exactly how I did it, but it wasn’t rocket science and it was a quick fix. It only requires a minor adjustment to gain clearance and prevent the rub. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Diseazd said:

It is most likely it is rubbing on your lower valence. There is a way you can adjust that valence. I can’t remember exactly how I did it, but it wasn’t rocket science and it was a quick fix. It only requires a minor adjustment to gain clearance and prevent the rub. 

I will check. I have wanted to get after it this weekend, but it is just too hot outside!