IGNORED

Windshield washer not spraying due to electrical problem

Jeff Berk

If you blew the fuse holding the washer button, that means the combination of the washer motor and wiper motor exceeded the current limits of the fuse for too long. 

Where specifically are you measuring 4 VDC? Keep in mind that for the washer motor, the washer button only completes the path to ground. It doesn't send voltage to the washer motor. positive side of the washer motor has voltage to ground any time the wiper fuse in the fuse box is hot.

Review my post on how the circuit is wired and look at that PDF.

So having said that, unplug the washer motor. Put the key in ON. Measure voltage to ground at the blue/red wire at the washer motor. What is that voltage?

• Agree 1

Dave!

That was it!!!

I too, maybe 5 years ago, repaired my combination switch to fix the headlight switch. I put the nylon washer in the same way as the guy in the video. I rearranged the washer and I can now wash my window, at least the passenger side until I find the clog.

Thank you ALL for the help. 

Edited by Jeff Berk
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Jeff Berk said:

Dave!

That was it!!!

I too, maybe 5 years ago, repaired my combination switch to fix the headlight switch. I put the nylon washer in the same way as the guy in the video. I rearranged the washer and I can now wash my window, at least the passenger side until I find the clog.

Thank you ALL for the help. 

Glad that helped. That guy in the video can be a real ding bat sometimes.

🙂

• Haha 3