IGNORED

72 Brake booster

emccallum

Having some brake issues. Everything new and bled but still had poor pedal. Discovered a difference in the pushrod length between OEM master and aftermarket. I couldn't get the rod to adjust, so I added a shim. That gave me a good pedal, but very hard. I am going to need to rebuild/replace the booster. 

1972 7" style booster. Does anyone have any experience with Harman classic brake service? I can get a full rebuild kit for $135 or send it to them and have them rebuild it for $245. 

Any other thoughts? I would prefer to keep the original style. Motorsport has an exchange service. Just wondering what others have done. Thanks.

The 7/8” brake master cylinder on my 1/71 series 1 was leaking.  I had good recommendations about White Post

Restorations so sent my master cylinder for re-sleeving.  Waiting for it’s return, so no in-hand results yet.

https://whitepost.com/brake-sleeving-rebuilding-services/

you may want to call them for further informations.

Dan

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I have used White Post several times, including a complete rebuild of the brake booster on my 72 Z. Turn around for the booster was just under a month.
They also just resleeved and rebuilt the brake and clutch master cylinders on my Sunbeam Tiger.

I would give them a call.

Jim

• Like 1

A lot of people on this forum have used power brake exchange in San Jose Ca. Including myself. They have two locations. If you want it powder coated they will suggest which location to send it to. Around $250

• Like 1

On 7/15/2023 at 2:10 PM, Yarb said:

A lot of people on this forum have used power brake exchange in San Jose Ca. Including myself. They have two locations. If you want it powder coated they will suggest which location to send it to. Around $250

I'm assuming this is pwrbrake.com - do they include any paint work on the can in the rebuild price?