IGNORED

Chat GPT - AI Bot

Mike

Totally agree with @hs30-h here!!

I was initially wowed by it but then realised the SISO principle holds well when I started to research some of my other bad Japanese obsession / passion - namely Shotokan Karate.

Long story short, like other AI that quickly became sexist / racist etc - it’s scanning for loudest most repeated voices and learning from it, building it’s own pattern biases in order to regurgitate and “enrich” with choice bits from other sources.

Did you know that recruitment AI decided men were better to employ than women? Or that self driving AI was way more likely run over black women due to its learning bias introduced by observing white men? Or stranger still that it didn’t initially recognise pedestrians unless they were at a pedestrian crossing scenario? Scary new world we are about to live in!

Having said all that, it’s still impressive capabilities in their embryonic state.

• Like 1

I've heard it as GIGO.  Garbage in, garbage out.  When I think of "shite out" it starts with food.

AI plus the Google ad algorithm will be when things get really bad.  Artificial people talking about crap you really don't care about.  Can't wait!

Edited by Zed Head
  • Like 1

Should be interesting when the first AI Bot registers on this forum and starts doling out tech advice.  Hopefully, Google's AI, Bard,  will be better when it's released.....or escapes.  I've used it and it has a way to go just like Microsoft's AI.

So I had to! I was bored on the loo and asked chatgpt to write me a poem about a 240z:

The 240Z, a car that roars
A legend of speed, forever adored
With a sleek design and power to spare
This car was made for those who dare

Its engine purrs like a tiger in the night
As it takes off with all its might
The curves and lines, a beauty to behold
Its spirit and soul, never to be sold

On the open road, it's pure poetry
A symphony of metal, speed, and glory
Its timeless charm, a classic so rare
A legend that still turns heads everywhere

For those who love the thrill of the ride
The 240Z will forever be a source of pride
A car that's etched in history
A symbol of speed, passion, and victory.

Not bad eh!?

• Like 1

I asked as you suggested and got this:

Adjusting the valve lash on an L28 engine involves several steps, and it's important to follow the manufacturer's specifications to ensure proper engine performance. Here is a general guide on how to adjust valve lash on an L28 engine:

Start by removing the valve cover and locating the camshaft and rocker arms. The L28 engine has 12 rocker arms, six for the intake valves and six for the exhaust valves.
Rotate the engine until the camshaft lobe for the valve you want to adjust is pointing upwards. You can use a wrench to turn the crankshaft bolt or use the starter motor to turn the engine.
Using a feeler gauge, measure the gap between the rocker arm and the valve stem. The correct valve lash specification for the L28 engine is 0.010 inches (0.25mm) for the intake valves and 0.012 inches (0.30mm) for the exhaust valves.
If the valve lash is not within the specified range, loosen the locknut on the rocker arm and adjust the clearance by turning the adjusting screw. Then, tighten the locknut to secure the adjustment.
Repeat the process for all 12 valves, rotating the engine as needed to access each valve.
Once all the valves have been adjusted, reinstall the valve cover and start the engine to verify proper operation and ensure there are no leaks.
It's important to note that the L28 engine has a specific valve lash adjustment sequence that should be followed to ensure proper operation. It's recommended to refer to the manufacturer's service manual or consult with a qualified mechanic for specific instructions on adjusting the valve lash on an L28 engine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro