IGNORED

Chat GPT - AI Bot

Mike

So I've been working with AI for the last several years of my career.  Most of my experience is with graphics and video AI.  However, after running into this new text-based chat system, called Chat GPT, I decided to give it a try with our Z hobby.  Here's some text generated with my inquiry "Tell me the history of the Datsun 240z"

The Datsun 240Z is a sports car that was produced by the Japanese automaker Nissan from 1969 to 1973. It was launched as the Fairlady Z in Japan and marketed as the Datsun 240Z in other markets.

The development of the 240Z began in 1964, when Nissan decided to create a sports car to compete with popular British and Italian sports cars like the Triumph Spitfire and the Alfa Romeo Spider. Nissan's designers and engineers drew inspiration from the Jaguar E-Type and the Porsche 911, and set out to create a car that would combine style, performance, and affordability.

The 240Z made its debut at the 1969 New York Auto Show, where it was an instant hit. It was praised for its sleek, aerodynamic styling, its powerful inline six-cylinder engine, and its excellent handling and performance. The car was also priced significantly lower than its European rivals, making it a popular choice among sports car enthusiasts.

The 240Z was powered by a 2.4-liter, inline six-cylinder engine that produced 151 horsepower and 146 lb-ft of torque. It had a top speed of around 125 mph and could accelerate from 0 to 60 mph in just over 8 seconds. The car was also fitted with a fully independent suspension system, four-wheel disc brakes, and a five-speed manual transmission.

Over the course of its production, the 240Z underwent several changes and upgrades. In 1971, Nissan introduced the 240ZG, a version of the car with a more aggressive front end and a rear spoiler. In 1972, the engine was upgraded to a 2.6-liter unit that produced 162 horsepower and 157 lb-ft of torque.

In 1973, Nissan replaced the 240Z with the 260Z, which had a larger 2.6-liter engine and several other upgrades. The 240Z remains a beloved classic among sports car enthusiasts and is credited with helping to establish Nissan as a major player in the sports car market.

best-ai-chatbots.webp

• Like 3

Here's what is says when I ask it "What is the Classic Zcar Club"

The Classic Zcar Club is a community of enthusiasts who share a common passion for the Nissan/Datsun Z car. The Z car is a line of sports cars produced by the Japanese automaker Nissan from the late 1960s to the present day. The Classic Zcar Club is dedicated to preserving and promoting the history, heritage, and culture of the Nissan/Datsun Z car.

The club provides a forum for members to share information, technical expertise, and experiences related to the Nissan/Datsun Z car. Members participate in various events, such as car shows, rallies, and social gatherings, to showcase their vehicles and connect with other enthusiasts. The Classic Zcar Club also maintains a website, a forum, and a social media presence to facilitate communication and community building among its members.

Since the AI bot pretty much scans the Internet for various bits of information, it looks to me like it took those words from our club description and put some extra content around it.  It's not always correct because I did run into some strange information a few times.  It's worth some time to re-generate content over a few inquiries before it gets the information mostly correct.  But since it simply scans the Internet, who knows what kind of real true answers you'll get from the thing.

• Like 1

School kids use it here to make their essays for school projects. The schools are having a hell of a time trying to sort out what is done by the students and what this bot has generated. Some things fail the test quickly, a little like the statement in the first post: In 1972, the engine was upgraded to a 2.6-liter unit that produced 162 horsepower and 157 lb-ft of torque.

• Like 2

On 2/25/2023 at 9:44 PM, Mike said:

It's not always correct because I did run into some strange information a few times.  It's worth some time to re-generate content over a few inquiries before it gets the information mostly correct.  But since it simply scans the Internet, who knows what kind of real true answers you'll get from the thing.

Surely the old adage of SISO/'Sh*t In = Sh*t Out' applies here? All it will do is take the loudest/most often written and repeat it?

For example:

On 2/25/2023 at 9:06 PM, Mike said:

The 240Z made its debut at the 1969 New York Auto Show, where it was an instant hit.

The 1969 New York Auto Show - held at the New York Coliseum, Columbus Circle, Manhattan - took place in April 1969. Of course, no '240Z' was there, so SISO.

Where did Chat GPT get the bad information from? My bet is that it has something to do with the reality-warping 'history' of the Z's debut as delivered on zhome.com, and echoes thereon.      

On 2/25/2023 at 1:06 PM, Mike said:

So I've been working with AI for the last several years of my career.  Most of my experience is with graphics and video AI.  However, after running into this new text-based chat system, called Chat GPT, I decided to give it a try with our Z hobby.  Here's some text generated with my inquiry "Tell me the history of the Datsun 240z"

best-ai-chatbots.webp

Don't know if this is related, but at the same time you posted about this AI stuff, clicking through to view member profiles results inthis:

[[Template core/front/profile/profile is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

• Agree 1