IGNORED

240Z Leaking Fuel from Carburetor Throat

Halvernaz

That couldn't hurt I wouldn't think, just make sure the pistons maintain their free falling when you tighten down the domes.

Is this something that just began happening, has it not been a problem previously? You could take the handle of a screwdriver and lightly tap around the float chambers to un-stick the floats if they could be stuck. Another way is stick a small red tube off a WD-40 can down the the vent bungs and see if the floats feel "bouncy" or buoyant in the fuel. Your fuel pressure couldn't have increased in any way? Sorry I'm just guessing but it will start a bunch of others to add their thoughts. Good luck. Cliff

21 minutes ago, Patcon said:

The only two ways I know of for fuel to leak out the throats is the fuel bowls are over filling or the float levels are set too high.

Overfilling can be caused by too much fuel pressure or a stuck needle valve

Good call Charles and Mark! They can be disassembled and cleaned too.

Edited by siteunseen
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Halvernaz said:

Thanks for all the great info. When I try to remove the cover on the float chamber the top gets stuck under a section of the main body. Is there a way to remove that cover with the float still attached?

Yes, they are made kind of shaped like a circle but idents on the sides where the bolts/screws hold them in place. If you lift up and turn them where the narrow part barely clears the carb body it'll raise up. Just barely but it will.

image.png