IGNORED

two-wire hose clamps

I'm trying to bring my '71 back to as close to original as practicable.  I went to ZCar Depot and ordered two-wire hoses clamps.  The rad and heater clamps worked fine, but the fuel-line clamps just won't tighten down on the rubber 5/16 hoses.  They tighten, but no much that you can't easily twist them on the steel lines.  Apparently the original fuel hoses had a bit greater o.d. than do modern hoses.  

Any suggestions would be welcome.

On 10/5/2022 at 1:44 AM, Richard McDonel said:

won't tighten down on the rubber 5/16 hoses.

Thats because they don't have enough grip on small lines.. get the once with the flat steel all around, see pic..

zx6.jpg

And like here on the fuelpump!

2012 240z1971 065.JPG

They are about 8mm  .....or as you guys say 5/16th....   :facepalm:

Edit.. i never saw the 2 wire clamps on the fuel lines, maybe because they leaked from the start? i find these flat band clamps ideal for small lines/tubes..

Edited by dutchzcarguy

On 10/5/2022 at 9:41 PM, jfa.series1 said:

And yes... twin wire hose clamps were used for all the fuel lines. Agree, the very small ones are hard to find

I got some new twin hose clamps for fuel lines from Yahoo Japan, a pack of 10 I think, last year, let me see if I can find a link...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Steve,

That auction was a Yahoo auction brokered by Jauce - Nichido Logistics which is an agent for international shipping.  They charge a fee, of course.  My latest purchase through them was for a $11.24 item that cost me a total of $48.93 to get it.  DSL is usually the shipper and other than the cost, I found the service real good.  Jauce sends e-mails periodically to announce local delivery, packaging and shipping with a tracking number.  It works but it is expensive.

• Like 4

SteveJ, I agree with 26th-Z, been shipping parts from Japan by using proxy bidding companies for years. By far not a cheap option for those hard/NLA parts you want, but if you want, got to pay. Finding parts in Japan that other parts of the world didn't get, either NOS, or parts offered by loads of aftermarket sellers, again old stock, is totally worth it.

• Like 2