two-wire hose clamps - Page 2 - Carburetor Central - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

two-wire hose clamps

Featured Replies

My experience was understandable.  The site was mostly in English on the liberal side of grammar.  I won an auction, paid for it with PayPal with the understanding that shipping fees would be additional and calculated later.  I then got an e-mail to the auction site asking for shipping payment to the broker, in this case, Jauce.  I made another PayPal payment.  Two days later, I got an e-mail from Jauce telling me what the packing and international shipping fee would be.  Another PayPal payment.  Jauce confirmed shipment and gave me a tracking number.  About ten days later, the package arrived.  Total about two weeks from the time I won the auction.

When I surf the Japan auctions, the translation to English is on and in the upper left corner of the page, there is a statement about international shipping is included.  Many pages say no international shipping so make sure you see it.

  • Author

Life seems to have gotten between me and my 240Z over the past month.  Thanks to all for your replies.  Looks like I missed an auction for hose clamps that might have solved my problem.  I was not aware of that auction site before, but will keep an eye on it, as those clamps look right for the job.  As for the hose itself, I did check the Belmetric site, but found that their 8mm braided hose won't solve my problem.  They show it as having an O.D. of just 13 mm, whereas the rubber hose I have right now is over 14 mm, and I can't get the Z Depot clamps to tighten down on that.  The search continues.  

Thanks again for all your replies. 

Richard: I have found that the wire is quite malleable, you can straighten out the hooks on the ends and bend them tighter. If you have any spare ones try it, as with any wire too many back and forth bends will end up breaking.

Dan

  • Author

240dkw.  Good to hear from you Dan!

Sounds like something worth trying.  Many thanks.  I'll let you know how I make out.

 

 

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.