IGNORED

tachmeter bulb replacement

kully 560

4 minutes ago, kully 560 said:

hi Steve, yes those are the ones, and bright thanks 

Thank you for confirming. While I try to find good products to substitute in for old school parts, there's a lot of opportunities for others to contribute. 

14 hours ago, SteveJ said:

I'm not sure why so many people are obsessed with that. In about 40 years of driving, I can't ever recall seeing a need to use the dimmer.

My eyes are sensitive to bright light. I’ve been driving since 1970, over 2 million miles. Every vehicle I have ever driven at night the dimmer has always been turned down, usually just bright enough to see the gauges.

The dim illumination in the Z has always been just fine for me. Although I welcome an LED replacement, having something that is dimmable is a requirement.

18 hours ago, SteveJ said:

I'm not sure why so many people are obsessed with that. In about 40 years of driving, I can't ever recall seeing a need to use the dimmer.

Easy answer, if the LEDs are that bright I may want to dim them down a little bit so as to not be too blinding while driving at night.  Just wanted to make sure I have the option should I feel I need it.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Put me into the "I want a dimmer" crowd too.

I run my dash lights just bright enough that I can see them when I drive. I want the gauges to be visible if I need them, but not the main area of focus.

LOL... In other words, I need my 50 year old headlights to be brighter than my new LED dash bulbs.  LOL

• Agree 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/29/2022 at 11:17 AM, SteveJ said:

16 hours ago, Racer X said:

I’ve been driving since 1970, over 2 million miles. Every vehicle I have ever driven at night the dimmer has always been turned down, usually just bright enough to see the gauges.

Well I've been driving for over 55 years and I don't even know HOW to spell rheostat!

• Haha 2