IGNORED

prices

ennisdavis

Have you guys looked at the price of shipping on parts for our cars. I need a bunch of parts but the shipping is around fifty percent the price of the parts. There are a ton of places like summit and jegs that offer free shipping on orders over $99. I think the issue is our parts are not here in the usa. Zcarsource appears to have the best shipping prices.

The places you mentioned that offers free shipping on large orders enjoy the benefits of economy of scale. Companies like Summit and Jegs offers a vast product line that covers a variety of models and makes.  As a result, they can negotiate shipping arrangements with logistic companies without adversely impacting their bottom line.  

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

There is only a handful of Z car suppliers, and they have as best as possible, many parts that are vehicle specific. Summit and jegs are no better than RockAuto, however even they can't beat RockAuto prices and of course, RockAuto ships in many different ways and can dictate their carriers and to a large extent, shipping prices. But the supply of Z car parts are getting thin anymore and if one of the Z car suppliers has what you need, you just have to bite the bullet and buy from them, just like the price of a gallon of gasoline, the market dictates the price. Whether a gallon of gas costs $5 a gallon or $10 a gallon, it make no difference, you need it and they have it ? 

7 minutes ago, Killain said:

.....the market dictates the price. Whether a gallon of gas costs $5 a gallon or $10 a gallon, it make no difference, you need it and they have it ? 

That's kind of how it works.  Pay the asking price, make your own, or go without.  We're now living in a time when the best time to buy is yesterday.

• Agree 1

I have been ordering a ton of stuff lately for my restoration, and shipping is just crazy. At first it really got to me, now its just a new normal. I have to justify it mentally by looking at a few of the recent BAT 240 sales 🙂

I have actually found some things cheaper on Ebay that have free shipping. I do a lot more price shopping and bulk ordering. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, psdenno said:

That's kind of how it works.  Pay the asking price, make your own, or go without.  We're now living in a time when the best time to buy is yesterday.

There's an old saying up in coal mining country, "Buy new, wear out, make due, or do without " !

13 hours ago, Killain said:

Whether a gallon of gas costs $5 a gallon or $10 a gallon,

Overhere the fuel IS over 10 dollar a gallon.. 2,40 euro per Liter! And that's Euro 95 with that $^!# in it (ethanol...) 

Happy that i don't need a car, i drive about a 1000 km a year.. (in differend z(x) cars!)

13 hours ago, psdenno said:

the best time to buy is yesterday.

That's what I DID !!!  😉  Lots of things you can buy in bulk and i just did that too!  

• Like 1

The places you mentioned that offers free shipping on large orders enjoy the benefits of economy of scale. Companies like Summit and Jegs offers a vast product line that covers a variety of models and makes.  As a result, they can negotiate shipping arrangements with logistic companies without adversely impacting their bottom line.  

Spot on…I work for one of the worlds largest shipping companies. Individual customers get the worst rate while large supplies have negotiating power but right now it’s worse than I’ve ever seen. We continue to raise prices to meet labor costs (when Amazon went to $15/hr for a starting base line,unskilled worker) everyone had to compete to get or keep employees and those cost are passed on to you. We lost 100’s of people at one place when Amazon did this. Planes sat for hours because we were 600 people short at one location. Fuel cost are volatile. We spent around 9 billion in Jet Fuel a few years ago. God knows what we’ll spend this year. The company wants pilots to shutdown an engine as soon as we are safely able to on the ground. Every drop of gas that can be saved they try to save it.
This is the new normal and can confidently say we aren’t going back. Buy it now !

Screenshot_20220616-204815_Samsung Internet.jpg

I work for a guy that has 86 1,000 sq. ft. apartments. He raised the the price per month 25% "none are available so I can charge what I want, they can get one somewhere else if they can". The people that didn't renew their leases after the initial 12 month agreement were on a month to month lease. Between 10 and 15 are vacant now. ROFL

The buck is about to stop at his doorstep. Fortunately I run a paint store he owns so I'm moving a lot of product and getting PAID! LOL

Edited by siteunseen
  • Like 2

I have some rental properties and barely raised the rent over the last couple of years. Only enough to cover the increased insurance cost. If I have tenants that have been there a long time and dont give me any problems, I want them to stay! I hate getting new tenants and turning over an apartment. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1