IGNORED

What is normal oil pressure indications?

Av8ferg

Today, I had to reset my timing after removing the distributor yesterday to test of my ignition unit.   While at it I tested my engine intake vacuum which was perfect so no leaks.  Wanted to confirm that before putting in my rebuild brake booster.  I also replaced my oil pressure sending unit after driving it last week.  Pressure seemed low sometimes.   I replaced it because I  thought maybe it was defective (was a new unit).  The replacement is made by Beck Arnley.   I still feel pressure is lower that I think is right but maybe I’m wrong.  I have a new oil pump (not turbo version) which I probably should have used.   BTW, I opened the oil cap for a peek at idle and I can clearly see oil coming out the cam lobe . 
Here’s what if read at different RPM

First pic is a idle (800 RPM)

Second at 1500 RPM

Third at 2500 RPM 

Is this pretty normal? 

4AD7A78A-65EC-4557-80B2-906F82DEC0BE.jpeg

F5867201-2C53-484C-AFF2-B8F3A94DC391.jpeg

74AE1EF7-8C4F-4974-B3C7-1E7D6E373A06.jpeg

Thanks gents.   I went ahead and ordered that adaptor and and a Marshal 1.5” oil pressure gauge that I’ll mount down by the pressure sender.    Sounds like it’s not a problem but it’s a easy pease of mind fix.  
As far as the temp being higher than normal. The car was idling for a good bit and revved up siting in my garage while setting the timing.  I’m missing the lower half of my fan shroud also which could be a factor.  When driving it seemed lower, I think I have a 190 F thermostat in there.   I’ve been tossing the idea of putting electric fans on the radiator to increase airflow, but haven’t done my research.  

• Agree 2

23 hours ago, Av8ferg said:

I think I have a 190 F thermostat in there

Yeah, that's 87,7 C and the meter is probably showing that.. just watch it when stuck in traffic if it go's up.. otherwise i don't think that it is a problem.. these meters are not very accurate. If it's always the same "a little over halfway" that is okay. No worries 😉