IGNORED

Recommend Car Tarp or Cover

Wally

I have seen lot of posts here....many seem to say all car covers can scratch or damage car paint....

I have to move my car by trailer. Cant seem to get a covered car hauler.... 

So i am wondering if there are any car covers that might prove useful while transporting a car?

I bought a leather couch in Atlanta and brought it home then had to leave it in my garage until I built an 2nd floor deck. Long story. Anyhow for the drive back home from Atlanta I wrapped it with shrink wrap I bought at Home Depot. Worked great and cost maybe $20 or so? Maybe you and a helper could do your Z from front to back so it wouldn't blow off. Just a thought but it might work?

download.jpeg.jpg

Edited by siteunseen
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Boat storage places wrap boats. My brother does his every year for winter storage. Might be a good option but you won’t be able to get in or out of the car and that will be a problem for the trucking company. They typically want a operational car that can driven on and off the ramps. Unless you car is a contours vehicle I wouldn’t worry about it. It will be fine. A few days in the weather won’t hurt it. Sometimes the medication can be worse than the disease.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• 1 month later...

Personally, when using an open trailer I like some sort of barrier across the front.  It stops any direct hits from stones or other road debris, which are the things that can damage your paint and glass.  It won't protect you from air turbulence, but that's minor compared to front-end hits.

My own open flatbed is a leftover from my racing days and has a full-width storage bin across the front.  Works just fine.