IGNORED

Slowest car forum on the internet - CZC.com

Zed Head

Glad you are back to work Cliff.  I had it last April.  I had a 103 fever for a few days and I was light-headed whenever I stood up.  Other than that, it was a few days of a bad cold and then I felt fine.  I had to take two weeks off work even though I felt fine a week ahead of that.

• Like 3

Interesting thread. Like others, I've seen intermittent slow-loading on this site, and wondered whether it was just me. In my case, it's happens when I click on a thread (from a Forum or from Activity for example). Using Chrome, the circle will spin counter-clockwise (which I believe means the host name/IP address hasn't yet been resolved by the DNS server). If the circle stops spinning counter-clockwise, and starts spinning clockwise (address resolved), the page loads quickly enough. Often, but not always, if I click the link again while the circle is spinning backwards, the page loads instantly. I don't see general slowness on pages. For instance images load reasonably quickly as I scroll, and I don't get too far ahead of threads if I scroll quickly. All of this says to me that the problem is related to the host site's "front-end" and the way it interacts with DNS servers. A bit too vague to be helpful, but what I'm seeing doesn't seem to point to poor host site connection speed. It isn't lightning fast, but it isn't generally bad.

My guess is that the slowness comes from database performance.

For me, only the 'unread content' page is consistently very slow - between 9 and 10 seconds to load. 

Other pages (individual threads) are sometimes slow, but normally OK. 

The 'unread content' page is more complex that most of the other pages I imagine- it could involve an unoptimised join in the database or the join happening outside the database (specifically, on the webserver).