IGNORED

Where connections go to

Wally

I am in the process of hooking many things back up. Any help & explanation where things go is appreciated. I will ask a couple problem areas at a time until i have worked my way area the engine connections remaining to be hooked up. 

1. got the slave cylinder in, although rod is a little loose. Can seem to tell where the other end of the spring goes?

2. these hoses I am 95% sure go to the AC unit. Should i leave them alone or block them off (at least until i get a AC system installed)

3. The round connection wire i am pointing at. Any idea what it is or where it goes?

4. there are 2 plugs here. one my pinky is pointing at in bottom of image and other my finger is pointing at. I cant see any connections where they may go.... do they go to AC system as well?

many thanks

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

50 minutes ago, Zed Head said:

The thickness and color of the wire makes me think it's alternator/fusible link related.

image.png

@Wally, @Zed Head is correct. I'm pretty sure the ring lug is a body ground. There should be a threaded hole in the fender nearby.

If you are considering re-using the AC lines, block them off. A better idea is to remove the AC stuff completely if you're not hooking it up and get a better setup when you do want AC.

For the bottom photo, you need to give a wire color. In other words, pull down the protective sheath, clean the wire, and report the colors.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wally said:

I am in the process of hooking many things back up. Any help & explanation where things go is appreciated. I will ask a couple problem areas at a time until i have worked my way area the engine connections remaining to be hooked up. 

1. got the slave cylinder in, although rod is a little loose. Can seem to tell where the other end of the spring goes?

2. these hoses I am 95% sure go to the AC unit. Should i leave them alone or block them off (at least until i get a AC system installed)

3. The round connection wire i am pointing at. Any idea what it is or where it goes?

4. there are 2 plugs here. one my pinky is pointing at in bottom of image and other my finger is pointing at. I cant see any connections where they may go.... do they go to AC system as well?

many thanks

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

The loose end of the spring can be hooked around the steel fitting on the clutch hydraulic hose.

Did you cut the A/C hoses? If so, why? They cannot be spliced back together, and you will need to replace them with new.

The ring terminal should be a chassis ground.

The other wire, I’m not sure.

• Like 1

thanks for all comments above. working my way through them. in meantime another quick question (i know its not an electric one..)

Does one end pull of or unscrew to put a new boot on? I am REALLY nervous about putting force on it and cracking or breaking it.

IMG_2623.jpg

thanks all!! for the last image i found another image showing where it is to go (starter). Just gotta find the female plug or jerry rig using a connector and electrical tape. BUt at least i know where its going.

Screen Shot 2021-08-26 at 6.39.10 AM.png

20 minutes ago, Wally said:

thanks all!! for the last image i found another image showing where it is to go (starter). Just gotta find the female plug or jerry rig using a connector and electrical tape. BUt at least i know where its going.

Screen Shot 2021-08-26 at 6.39.10 AM.png

In your "want to buy" ad, I provided you with links where you could buy a proper fusible link. I advise you not to jury rig a fix. If you do not use a fusible link, you risk an electrical fire that could burn up your car.

• Agree 2

11 hours ago, SteveJ said:

In your "want to buy" ad, I provided you with links where you could buy a proper fusible link. I advise you not to jury rig a fix. If you do not use a fusible link, you risk an electrical fire that could burn up your car.

thanks. i dont see any link in the ad though? would you mind putting it here?