Where connections go to - Page 3 - Electrical - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Where connections go to

Featured Replies

1 hour ago, Wally said:

wait a minute. so that adapter plugs off the voltage connector and thus eliminates it? is that right?

The adapter bypasses the stock external voltage REGULATOR as the "high output" alternators are internally regulated. If you have both an external and internal voltage regulator in the circuit, the internal VR won't see the battery voltage, so it jacks up the output voltage.

3 hours ago, Wally said:

wait a minute. so that adapter plugs off the voltage connector and thus eliminates it? is that right?

As SteveJ said, it's for the external regulator plug.  MSA should have them in stock.  😁

"It is small, weather-resistant, and simply plugs into the wiring harness in place of the original voltage regulator."

  • Author
On 9/12/2021 at 12:39 PM, Zed Head said:

cant seem to find anyone else selling this? does anyone know another place? Zstore is out of stock and no clue when or if they will get any more.

Dave Irwin, aka Zs-ondabrain, designed those and made them for MSA.  He has moved to the boonies and might be hard to contact but worth a shot.

@Zs-ondabrain

https://www.facebook.com/DatsunLEDS

https://www.datsun-240z-upgrades.net/

https://www.datsun-240z-upgrades.net/home/products/

https://www.datsun-240z-upgrades.net/product-info/

I can make them, too.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
2 hours ago, SteveJ said:

I can make them, too.

I'd just have to remember where I stashed my diodes...

16 hours ago, SteveJ said:

I'd just have to remember where I stashed my diodes...

Maybe she is  hanging out with her sisters, Anode, and Cathode.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.