IGNORED

Restoring and prepping hardware for plating - the "easy" way

inline6

20 hours ago, CW240Z72 said:

Here's a PDF of what I accumulated while tearing down my '71. With this reference I'm only lacking the interior reinstall, fluids, and initial fire up to complete the Z

Any chance you could post the original content?  PDFs are a pain to edit, sort, etc.

On 8/10/2021 at 5:13 PM, Barefootdan said:

Whats a good method for getting the grease off? I have a handful of parts with a THICK and sometimes HARD layer of what looks like grease caked on. Ive been using a wire wheel for the easier spots, but tight crevasses are still dirty

I soak em in gasoline.......then wire brush.....then soak em again.

The 240z hardware Google sheet has been updated.  I spent some time organizing, and more hardware has been added.  For organization, I have added some sections and grouped the items within each section.  And I have ordered from top to bottom the sections in the order that I plan to reassemble the car.  

I am curious if with the existing permissions, any of you can expand and collapse the grouped rows.  Also, I am curious if the filters on the column headings are functional for you. 

On 8/14/2021 at 12:02 PM, inline6 said:

I am curious if with the existing permissions, any of you can expand and collapse the grouped rows.  Also, I am curious if the filters on the column headings are functional for you. 

Nope, the filters nor the expand/collapse functionality is available.  I do no think that is a huge issue though since the sections are expanded we can see everything and I believe that if some one were to save a copy then they could make use of the filters and expand/collapse functions (I did not test this though).

So I have been cleaning up more hardware

Looks like this after the bead blasting

20210815_133221.jpg

Goes into the vibratory polisher with SS media and a little paint thinner

20210815_133230.jpg

Comes out like this

20210815_133226.jpg

After a quick rinse with brake cleaner

20210815_134155.jpg

there is a difference in sheen after polishing, although it is a darker color

20210815_134209.jpg

• Like 1