Center console switch cover plate? - Interior - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Center console switch cover plate?

Featured Replies

I don't know about the 240's but on the 260's and 280's I've never seen anything (factory) mounted in that spot.*

I've theorized the possibility that they were considering putting power windows in and (again theorized) that is where they were going to put the switches.

That is my theory which is mine and it belongs to me.

 

* Of course that does not mean it never happened. It just means I've never seen anything.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

OH!  Now that I know what the heck is going on in this post I have a little input.  I bought a car several years ago and upon getting it home and going through everything I found I had these switches (and hand throttle).  

 

@AZ-240z, now after reading that thread (again as I'm certain I read it back when it was active) I will have to go and look at the tail lights in this Z (it is in storage) to see if it has the extra bulb.  How exciting!

 

IMG_9611.JPG

Edited by texasz

Every 260Z/280Z console I've had come through the shop has either:

1. Had the block-off plate missing.

2. Had a hole drilled through the block-off plate and/or had a switch installed by some PO.

Same with my 260Z when I bought it...

Every 260Z/280Z console I've had come through the shop has either:
1. Had the block-off plate missing.
2. Had a hole drilled through the block-off plate and/or had a switch installed by some PO.
Same with my 260Z when I bought it...


Not mine dude ;) got lucky I guess!

e09104353de8603cbe3aaf6d9383af95.png



Looking on the back of my European clusters, this blanking plate makes more sense!
803ab989d983524cb426d5b9da20cd10.jpg

I think that spot is where the harness plug mounts

.IMG_3741.jpg

4 hours ago, texasz said:

OH!  Now that I know what the heck is going on in this post I have a little input.  I bought a car several years ago and upon getting it home and going through everything I found I had these switches (and hand throttle).  

Any interest in selling the double light switch?

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.