IGNORED

Johan Cruijff's 240z May 1972

Here you can see 2 other differences besides the 2 little rubber studs where on a US bumper sits the bumperettes..

1) The spoiler was standard on a Dutch 240z with also the plastic letters "240z"on the left and "Datsun"  on the right. 

2)  The special for the Netherlands numberplate lighting on the bumper (yes a Dutch RDW (DMV) Rule) in chrome with 2 glasses and fittings in chrome caps! These extensions are very rare!

The upper numberplatelights had no fittings or lights in them!!   It just sat there.

image.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dutchzcarguy said:

2)  The special for the Netherlands numberplate lighting on the bumper (yes a Dutch RDW (DMV) Rule) in chrome with 2 glasses and fittings in chrome caps! These extensions are very rare!

The upper numberplatelights had no fittings or lights in them!!   It just sat there.

Its the same for the UK market cars, maybe a Europe thing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, RIP260Z said:

Its the same for the UK market cars, maybe a Europe thing.

I think it was something most European counties demanded. Demark and Switzerland also had the front indicators above the bumper.

They looked like an afterthought. Looks like something the local dealer would use. "We have these units for farm tractor mudgaurds. Maybe they will fit".

Funny thing is if you import a 240Z from the USA with the indicators under the front bumper and the original number plate light above the number plate, you don't need to change it to the Dutch standard to pass the roadworthy inspection. You only need to disconnect the side indicators and change the headlamps.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, EuroDat said:

and change the headlamps.

Since about 10 years you no longer need to install the blinkers on the bumper, and i heared that if the light-image of the installed sealed beam headlights is good they can stay..  Only when the light-image is no good then it has to be changed to another one or the H4 lamps..  I'm not sure if this is correct..

• 1 month later...

The above-bumper front turn-signals were a result of changing European safety laws for minimum-height front visibility !

Johan apparently later bought a silver 260Z two seater which now resides in Spain - I saw the previous paperwork with his name on and drove it on the Barcelona F1 circuit.

CathyJules au circuit.JPG

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Sean Dezart said:

Johan apparently later bought a silver 260Z two seater which now resides in Spain

He must have had that car for at least 2 weeks.. 🙊  ...  I never have heard he had one..  (But as i am a real hater of soccer.. (we call it: dat stomme voetbal!)  really allergic...  I don't know what cars Johan drove.. i know that he had a citroën SM after the 240z.. what a disappointment that must have been...pffff...)

2 hours ago, dutchzcarguy said:

He must have had that car for at least 2 weeks.. 🙊  ...  I never have heard he had one..  (But as i am a real hater of soccer.. (we call it: dat stomme voetbal!)  really allergic...  I don't know what cars Johan drove.. i know that he had a citroën SM after the 240z.. what a disappointment that must have been...pffff...)

Well, he played, coached and died at Barcelona...je neus lang is !

Ironic really because Cruyff was quoted as saying "Football is a game you play with your brain" 😄

An SM - fabulous car - pure art mobility.

Here's another well known footballer and his astute choice of personal car.

Kevin Keegan1.jpg

Kevin Keegan.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 year later...