IGNORED

No Spark issue. Negative voltage on ignition switch.

280zdude

I ended up ordering through the walbro website.
walbro 393 

The other Bosch filters are nice but the walbro sending the fitting with the filter with free shipping and no tax is a peace of mind type expense. 

I searched hard for bosh but with the expense of needing to add a fuel pressure regulator it didn’t make sense. Plus half of Bosch pumps are in tank not inline. There for if you run it you may over work or over heat the pump itself causing it to malfunction.

Thanks for your input guys wouldn’t have found that with out you’re help! 

• Like 1

Did you get extras?  Barbs, filter, etc?  Interested in how it comes out, it's rare for a manufacturer like Walbro to create their own sales platform.  Usually they just let Summit or Amazon or Rockauto do it for them.  In this case it looks like a great idea, there's too many options and no easy way to get what you want.  They made it easy.

I got the barbs not the filter came out to $114 bucks not bad for being a walbro pump.

the rockauto pumps were coming out to about 85-90 bucks with shipping and tax.. but then have a possibility for going bad sooner..  

auto parts store was 109 plus tax. 

bosch was confusing af plus the barb fitting sizes were costly. 

plus you know it isn’t one of those fake walbro pumps. I believe this is the reason why they started doing it. There were a lot of Chinese knock offs put into the market in the past, for the recent fuel pump models. 

Edited by 280zdude

13 hours ago, 280zdude said:

What brand clutch slave and master cylinder are you guys using?

Original is the best but these days pricy.. a lot of copycat stuff also on the market, i avoid it like the plague..   I drive z &zx now for 30 years and only once i had a dead alternator and once the fuelgauge lied to me.. so look for the original brand..  stay away from (chinese) junk!  Yes it's cheap, it also worth nothing!  And eventually turns your hobby into a major annoyance..

There are basically two choices - super expensive NOS Nissan parts, or aftermarket.  In aftermarket sometimes you can find reman Nissan parts.  But now you see a lot of new aluminum body parts.

In all cases, take them part before installation and clean them up inside.  There is often honing grit inside that will ruin the seals.  All of the aftermarket choices are pretty cheap.  I don't know who is really dependable anymore.

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/nissan,1977,280z,2.8l+l6,1209248,transmission-manual,clutch+slave+cylinder,2044

image.png

image.png

5 minutes ago, Zed Head said:

There are basically two choices - super expensive NOS Nissan parts, or aftermarket.  In aftermarket sometimes you can find reman Nissan parts.  But now you see a lot of new aluminum body parts.

In all cases, take them part before installation and clean them up inside.  There is often honing grit inside that will ruin the seals.  All of the aftermarket choices are pretty cheap.  I don't know who is really dependable anymore.

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/nissan,1977,280z,2.8l+l6,1209248,transmission-manual,clutch+slave+cylinder,2044

image.png

image.png

I ended up buying beckarnely from rockauto apparently they are close to oem but not sure.  

12 hours ago, Zed Head said:

I don't know who is really dependable anymore.

Agree, i installed a new out of the box slave-cylinder for the clutch under my 280zx years ago.. few days later i had to get the car of the lift.. and the pedal went right to the floor! HUH? The cylinder was cracked on it's back and leaked all the oil..  I went through my trash.. the box it came out sayd: made in Italy.  Now i HATE the italians even more.  Now i installed an original.. made in Japan!

Hey guys.. I have fuel pressure now! Good amount. But still not start I have spark, and fuel and air.. 

could it be injectors? 

progress the car is making a little backfire puff out off the intake.. nothing like starting fluid it’s a little burst of air.. a fuel of those hose line in the rail were leaking so I tightened them down..

Edited by 280zdude

2 hours ago, 280zdude said:

Hey guys.. I have fuel pressure now! Good amount. But still not start I have spark, and fuel and air.. 

could it be injectors? 

progress the car is making a little backfire puff out off the intake.. nothing like starting fluid it’s a little burst of air.. a fuel of those hose line in the rail were leaking so I tightened them down..

You can test with a noid light. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07QCD5CK8

On 1/2/2021 at 6:18 PM, 280zdude said:

could it be injectors? 

Kind of sounds like ignition timing.  Confirm that the spark plug wires are on the correct cylinders and the timing is correct.