IGNORED

Found 2 240Z's

z8987

I found 2 240z's.  They were found by a friend, he took the pictures.  I haven't been up to see them, but he checked for rust, and according to him there is some surface rust, nothing that goes through.  The owner told him they are both 73's.  The picture of the emissions tag has a 1972 date on it, so one or both may be different than 72.  The owner said he drove both of them to where they are parked.  He had the seat out of the red one, and they caught on fire, so he has an insurance claim.  I told him I'd look for a couple seats online so he can complete his claim. 

I told my friend that I'd offer the guy $6500 for both of them, and I'd check online to see how close I am with my offer.  In the next couple of days, he will check the vin/engine numbers to see if they match.  I may take a ride myself to go look at them. 

IMG_4199.JPG

IMG_4200.JPG

IMG_4201.JPG

IMG_4202.JPG

IMG_4203_1.JPG

IMG_4203.JPG

IMG_4204.JPG

IMG_4206.JPG

IMG_4207.JPG

IMG_4208.JPG

IMG_4209_1.JPG

IMG_4209.JPG

IMG_4210_1.JPG

IMG_4210.JPG

IMG_4211.JPG

IMG_4212_1.JPG

IMG_4212.JPG

IMG_4213.JPG

IMG_4217.JPG

IMG_4218.JPG

IMG_4219.JPG

• Like 1

They both look very salvagable. They look very rust freeish. I don't think a completly rust S30 still exists. The salt air during transport to the states was enough to start the process.

Good luck with your offer.

The carbs are round tops so the model is pre Aug 72 or around that month. There always seems to be exceptions to the rule. The white one has water piping to the intake manifold so it should be the 3 screw version.

4 screw round tops up to July August 71

3 scew round tops up to August 72 (water heated)

Flat tops up to 280Z.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/11/2020 at 8:55 AM, EuroDat said:

They both look very salvagable. They look very rust freeish. I don't think a completly rust S30 still exists. The salt air during transport to the states was enough to start the process.

Good luck with your offer.

The carbs are round tops so the model is pre Aug 72 or around that month. There always seems to be exceptions to the rule. The white one has water piping to the intake manifold so it should be the 3 screw version.

4 screw round tops up to July August 71

3 scew round tops up to August 72 (water heated)

Flat tops up to 280Z.

Ok, I got both of them for $8500. That depends on the cars since I haven’t yet seen them in person. The red car is missing the front seats.  The seats were out being stored in a shop. The shop burned down, so insurance will cover for new seats.  He asked me to find a couple seats and he will buy them.   Any ideas where I can get a couple seats. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, z8987 said:

Ok, I got both of them for $8500. That depends on the cars since I haven’t yet seen them in person. The red car is missing the front seats.  The seats were out being stored in a shop. The shop burned down, so insurance will cover for new seats.  He asked me to find a couple seats and he will buy them.   Any ideas where I can get a couple seats. 

Congrats, looks like a bargin.

All depends what youwant to do about the seats. If you want to keep it original then you will ned to know the build date to fine the right seats.

I wonder what the insurance company will consider as "cover". If you want originality, that can cost a lot.

This site has a lot of options and if you call them, they should be able to help you.

https://zcarsource.com/datsun-240z-parts/datsun-240z-interior-parts/240z-seats-upholstery/

A call out here in the wanted sections could find you a member wanting to part with a set.

8 hours ago, z8987 said:

sounds like a very good deal to me. They will have rust on the floorboards and the usual places, but not to bad looking at the pictures.

Look at the driver side door tag so see the build date and if the engine and chassic number might match.

Nice! What do you plan to do with them?

Ebay might have the seats you're looking for - worth a shot. Otherwise you could scour the 'Parts for Sale' forums either on here or another site like HybridZ. If that doesn't work, you could try your luck making a 'Parts Wanted' post. 

24 minutes ago, Tweeds said:

Nice! What do you plan to do with them?

Ebay might have the seats you're looking for - worth a shot. Otherwise you could scour the 'Parts for Sale' forums either on here or another site like HybridZ. If that doesn't work, you could try your luck making a 'Parts Wanted' post. 

I’m thinking about keeping the white one stock. Then I will have his and hers white z’s.  One with an automatic xmission and one manual. 

maybe build the red one to be a hot rod or sell/trade it 

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
Looks like another Z fever issue. 
Someone recently posted a full interior in white on FB. Post are really hard to find again if you don't reply / follow. 
Nice find and purchase!!

I’m working on getting a 73 that has been stored for 30 years. This all started a year ago when I found my 70 s1. The one that has been stored for 30 should stay original. I want to trick out one of them. Looking original but all modern stuff. I don’t want to trick out something that can easily be restored to original. I want to rent up with 2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1