IGNORED

Don't buy this from Z Car Depot

SteveJ

2 hours ago, Mark Maras said:

I've used the ZTherapy hoses. They're super floppy silicone (I think). They don't kink or bind up the nozzles during the choke operation.

Does ZTherapy hide this product on their site? I don't see it in their master price list or new products.

1 hour ago, kully 560 said:

that might be a good option  ,mine are 23 years old and  I would like to have a spare also .  so  with out pulling mine off to check the id , does anybody know the id of the hose ? thanks

I measured the outlet of the jet to be about 5.5mm. I ordered a couple of types of 5.5 mm fuel hose from ebay to see if either might be viable. This includes the possibility of creating a jig to heat and mold the hose into shape.

Might be options outside of the normal Nissan channels.  [mention=32052]AK260[/mention] might know them. https://www.carbuilder.com/us/textile-covered-fuel-hose

https://www.carbuilder.com/us/about-us

I do indeed use them, Mr Clever Zed Head! They have been brilliant and stock a good range of stuff.

If it was me, I would personally do what has been suggested - namely go to Z Therapy for them. The carbs I bought off them 7 years ago have been subjected to some serious under bonnet heat and abuse, yet the rubber lines feel as good as the day I bought them.

In the UK we run E95 which 5% ethanol. The SAE30 R6 fuel lines installed by the PO about 12 years ago had started to break down inside and I was getting black fish swimming around in my fuel filter (and fuel smells around the lines). But somehow the ZT supplied rubber lines have survived so far.

Off topic - As a matter of interest, for this reason alone, I have now run aluminium fuel lines all the way from the fuel tank to the fuel filter and the return lines, with less than 20cm of rubber fuel lines joining everything. The extra bit in the middle of the photo below is just allowing for a possible future electric pump, if ever required.

4b3ad6bb1b0fab76a922d865ad5869a4.plist&key=679ac9e01f4f05ba903e92d7fc64632bbe40f8558457a7da98919c92dd80f4ee

2 hours ago, Mark Maras said:

I wonder what Courtesy Nissan is asking for them. If it's considerably less, I'd take Courtesy's quote to the manager of that local dealership and tell them you'd rather support local businesses but their pricing policy makes that impossible.

In my experience if Courteseynissan.com has them my local guys do too, same price but i pay no shipping.

4 hours ago, SteveJ said:

Does ZTherapy hide this product on their site? I don't see it in their master price list or new products.

@SteveJI've only purchased them with the rebuild kits in the past. However, item ZT20, fuel line, $8.00 ea., must be the bowl to nozzle line. I can't think of any other fuel line on an SU.

4 hours ago, SteveJ said:

I measured the outlet of the jet to be about 5.5mm. I ordered a couple of types of 5.5 mm fuel hose from ebay to see if either might be viable. This includes the possibility of creating a jig to heat and mold the hose into shape.

I'm sure it's possible to mold a hose to the right shape. The question in my mind is, will the nozzle bind when the shape of the bend changes during the operation of the choke?

26 minutes ago, Mark Maras said:

@SteveJI've only purchased them with the rebuild kits in the past. However, item ZT20, fuel line, $8.00 ea., must be the bowl to nozzle line. I can't think of any other fuel line on an SU.

I'm sure it's possible to mold a hose to the right shape. The question in my mind is, will the nozzle bind when the shape of the bend changes during the operation of the choke?

Thanks. I'll make the inquiry.

As far as the other types of hose I'm buying, I am planning on doing some trials on a spare set of carburetors I have to see if the different types have the necessary flexibility as the nozzle moves with the choke.

• Like 1