IGNORED

Z's on BAT and other places collection

Zed Head

I spotted this '71 Series I, # HLS30-11811 on the East Texas Craigslist. The seller is asking $18,500.00 and states that the engine was rebuilt and that the car has "no smoke and no rust" . Looking at the picture showing the underside of the hood, if the hood isn't a replacement, the car looks be a 920 Safari Gold car. Here's the link:  https://easttexas.craigslist.org/cto/d/tyler-1971-series-one-datsun-240z/7307733326.html

"Its time for me to part with my Z. Priced to Sell. The person I purchased this from had it for 38 years. I had the motor rebuilt, both Carbs rebuilt. All pumps, Alt, Starter plus Clutch and fly wheel brand new. New Radiator. New shocks plus other front end items replaced. New Exhaust New tires with original wheels. Seats, headliner and carpet in great shape! I have receipts for all mentioned plus a stake of paperwork dating back to the purchase of vehicle. Including original manuals No Smoke, No Rust. Straight 6 with 4 speed transmission
Garage kept. I've been driving it everyday for the past month after selling my truck. It is a very dependable ride, absolutely a blast to drive. We are moving cross country and I would like to sell before doing so. It is a series one which are more desirable and collectable. The VIN (and number made) is 11811. I also have the back window louvers and front headlight clear covers. CLEAN TITLE IN M Y NAME. Odometer is at 30000. Has tripped once making the total 130k
It is now 50 years old! There are a few things which could be fixed.
(Or just drive it like I've been) All gauges work except the RPM gauge. It was working until we changed point system out to electronic ignition. The gas tank has a leak where the lines run into it. I have been just putting 7 gallons of gas at a time to avoid any gas spillage. It only leaks when you fill it it past the point of tear. I just have not had the time or energy to fix it. It looks like it can be welded back."

00P0P_gyRXss64mUkz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

00X0X_bGky39WKLOTz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

00C0C_fZ2HiPuUXp4z_0t20CI_600x450.jpg

00C0C_k04BjN8axCGz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

00J0J_awjZM4FAcIez_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

10 minutes ago, Dadsun said:

The Datsun Hunters out of Auburn, Georgia, have posted this one for sale on eBay. Thoughts?

I have visited their shop, btw.  

1970 240z restoration project.

Its gonna need a lot of metal work but I have seen a number of these sell for 5k or more

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Patcon said:

Its gonna need a lot of metal work but I have seen a number of these sell for 5k or more

I really hope that this car is purchased with the intent to do a full restoration and not be parted-out.  HLS30-03196 is a low numbered car and has its original matching numbers engine: L24-06190. The car still retains its original 918 Orange paint in spare tire well and other places and is one of the most desirable 240Z paint colors!   https://www.ebay.com/itm/1970-Datsun-Z-Series/224430749107?hash=item34411d75b3:g:JLkAAOSwd9pgfNLy

s-l1601.jpg

s-l1602.jpg

s-l1604.jpg

s-l1603.jpg

• Like 1

Looking at the front bumper of the car it's either a '70, '71 or a '72 240Z. I blew up the picture, but it was really tough to see the right rear sail panel to tell if it had a Series I emblem or a later Z emblem.  Either way, it's always fun to see a 240Z sitting amongst other vehicles on private land. However, as you said, it wouldn't be very fun to see some crazy guy come around the corner with a shotgun pointed at you!