IGNORED

New project

240dkw

Rebuilding a smashed bike gives us something to do while we are recuperating, right? It's always my legs that get busted and end up in a cast. I have also hit a tree Dutchguy. Seems hard to do and people laughed when I told them, "how can you hit a tree?" Well they won't get out of the way when you run off the road into the forest. Damn pine straw on the edge of the road in curves is like ice.

You all better quit this harassment or I'll have to go out and buy another. :wub:

• Haha 1

On 12/12/2020 at 8:02 AM, siteunseen said:

Love that Suzuki!

I've been looking for 2 stroke Yamaha RD400. My dad had one when I was a kid. Good memories.

Should have said something sooner.  Doesn't need restoring though.  Not mine, just saw it a while ago. 

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1976-yamaha-rd400c-2/

image.png

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Zed Head said:

Should have said something sooner.  Doesn't need restoring though.  Not mine, just saw it a while ago. 

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1976-yamaha-rd400c-2/

image.png

Well well well. Lookie what popped up today for $3,000. It's about an hour and a half from here but I'd have to rob a quick shop or 3 on the way to pay for it. Times are tough for me at the end of the year.

Image may contain: motorcycle, outdoor and nature, text that says 'YAMAHA 400'

19 hours ago, Patcon said:

I rode my neighbor's CBR900RR, it was stupid fast!

I once went to my german dealer and asked why my chain had 3 bushings missing.. he sayd: you probably start " to slow " when the light go green at the trafficlight!  😉

19 hours ago, siteunseen said:

"how can you hit a tree?" Well they won't get out of the way when you run off the road into the forest.

The time i hit a tree was after a wheely gone wrong.. it turned it's head straight for the big oak. Just as the front wheel hit the ground i hit the tree so no time was left to brake. I still have the oilfilter.. completely smashed.. it sits right behind the front wheel in the middle of the engineblock.. also the front wheel looked like a heart! 🙄

Edited by dutchzcarguy
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, siteunseen said:

Wow there's a lot of interest in old motor bikes now. I may sale my 280 and buy up a couple, less room in my cramped garage and people are paying top dollar. There's tons of old bikes around here. No electric start though, so that sucks like no A/C in our cars.

The 240Z? I'll be buried in that one. :victorious:

I know, the guy that sold me this one kept going on about how much they were worth and I thought it was a sale pitch. Now I see a really nice restored 72-73 goes for north of $20,000. It is quite interesting how much this product line follows the S30 line. First ones were made in 72 , but mostly registered as 73 so they are worth the most. Changes in the late 73-74 model improved it, more changes in 75 made it the last year of the Z1 as well as the most made so less value. Many changes in 76 and rebrand as a KZ. Went from 900 to 1000 cc 

• Like 1