IGNORED

Just Another Damned Z Car Project Thread

conedodger

Sorry to hear that @conedodger

I had a ladder slide out from under me last week.  A few new cracks that'll go away.  Several weeks off my feet just as I was officially starting the resto of my car.  Got the motor apart and to the machine shop, and now the project is stalled again!

Speedy recovery for you!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, grannyknot said:

Ice in Reno Nevada? Did you spill your drink on the way to the mailbox?

Sorry to hear that, speedy recovery.

I’m up the hill toward Tahoe a bit but yes, we had 4 days of snow last week. Part of that ‘atmospheric river’ that went through California. When it’s over, I’ll have this custom inflatable donut for sale in the classifieds. 

• Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...

Got a box on the front porch yesterday. It was packed so well I thought it might be a heart for transplant. That is @Terrapin Z David's style though. It brought me tears though. Not because of anything you did David...

My son said what is that? I told him it is a mount for the alternator, I need to modify it so I can use a higher amp alternator from a GM car. He said "How do you modify it?" I told him "I have to take the nose off of it." He reached out and did that silly dad trick where you reach for their nose and  then stick your thumb between your forefinger and say "Got your nose!" 

I asked him "How do you remember that stuff?" He said "I think you are the greatest dad jokester in the world!"

Thanks Dave! 😂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1