Which Header? - Page 2 - Open Discussions - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Which Header?

Featured Replies

If you're looking to spend some cash on a full kit with Japanese stainless fit and finish, I highly recommend the Fujitsubo twin pipe setup from RHDJapan.

FB_IMG_1598251802510.jpg

FB_IMG_1598251761805.jpg

Edited by 73str86
addition


FB_IMG_1598251802510.thumb.jpg.9694fc1241ca7148b17172502510528b.jpg
FB_IMG_1598251761805.thumb.jpg.5f12c5cc334aa00c5adf6e3793fc68c0.jpg



I didn’t realise pornography was allowed on this site!!!!
9 hours ago, Mark Maras said:

Original tubes thread?

Reminds me that one of the foremost names in headers back in the day was 'Hooker'.  

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

So perhaps a new header thread, titled: 'Show Us Your Tubes'

I have purchased the Z-Story Street headers with full exhaust all the way back. Sean was easy to work with and the equipment is beautiful....however there were some serious issues with the headers that I received. He knows about the problems and hopefully is correcting for future orders. The flange needed to be ground down on each end to allow for the intake to fit and be bolted up. That was fairly straightforward and with some grinding on the flange edge I got the intake to seat nicely. The major issue is the the angle of the pipes coming off of the flange.  Several of the thick washers used to hold intake and exhaust in place had to have the edges ground a lot just to get them to slip onto the stud. I had to scrap the stud all together on the fist pipe and use a bolt with normal flat washer because the stud actually hit the header pipe before it would seat against the head. I am a probably a week away from getting the engine back in this car. I hope everything seals up OK but I have a feeling I will have to go a different route. A couple of the manifold nuts were VERY tricky to get a wrench on to tighten, impossible with and socket and swivels because they are just to close to the pipes to get any clearance for a socket to slip over the nuts. 

I was very excited about this exhaust system but I fear I have a lot of money tied up into a header I will have to replace. 

IMG_4871.jpg

IMG_4872.jpg

IMG_4873.jpg

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.