IGNORED

Yoshihiko Matsuo

26th-Z

That is very sad news. He really enjoyed coming to the US for ZCON. I was talking with Eiji Hosami prior to Matsuosan's tech talk at ZCON 2018. Eiji told me that over in Japan, Matsuosan is just another grandfather, but when he comes over here, he is a rock star.

• Like 1

By the way @zclocks, I showed Matsuo-san your website when I was helping him with preparation for his tech talk in 2018, and the subject came up about the rally clocks IIRC. He was pleasantly surprised with your work, and he asked me to make a print-out of your website for him. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

How incredibly sad ?.  He will be greatly missed.

Always enjoyed my conversations and time with him.  

Just one story: It always amused me that at the ZCON judged shows (and other car shows) he would walk around and touch parts, open doors, turn lights off and on, etc.  Nobody else could get away with that but him.  In fact most consider it an honor that he handled the cars.

20190717_103442.jpg

20190717_104307.jpg

20190717_104159.jpg

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, siteunseen said:

Is he the guy that spoke at the awards dinner in Memphis? I think Eiji translated for him. I remember some good laughs from the crowd as he spoke and a lot of clapping when he left the podium.

Yes, that was him. He got even more laughs in 2018 when he was explaining the unusual number of car seats breaking in America due to Americans having sex in the cars.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1