IGNORED

Clutch fork throw

rcv

34 minutes ago, Patcon said:

Current collar:

1.506" ( 38.25 mm) OA height

1.091" ( 27.7 mm) from the top to the milled flat

So smaller than all 4 in post #130

If I went to the ZX collar I would theoretically gain 15mm. Making my stack up about 92mm. Does anybody have one?

@Terrapin Z?

There are two collars for the ZX one fits the 2+0 NA with the 225mm clutch like all the280Z and early 280ZX, The other fits the later 2+2 ZX NA, and the Turbo with the 240MM clutch. 

Edited by Terrapin Z
clarification

14 minutes ago, Terrapin Z said:

There are two collars for the ZX one fits the 2+0 NA with the 225mm clutch like all the280Z and early 280ZX, The other fits the later 2+2 ZX NA, and the Turbo with the 240MM clutch. 

I have bought a 240mm clutch kit. I'm not sure of the difference in the collars.

2 hours ago, Patcon said:

I have bought a 240mm clutch kit. I'm not sure of the difference in the collars.

I am headed to a Z car show tomorrow morning. I'll see what I have that might help you out when I get home.  There is a different one for the 240mm 

I bought my transmission from a 2+2 with the 240mm clutch. I used the collar from that car but bought a new 240mm clutch and aluminum flywheel.  It works fine using the stock 240 master/slave and fork. 

366987616_1419366205577530_250224226241185428_n.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Terrapin Z said:

It had been an odd weekend. One of those “if it can go wrong it will”. 

i have a bin of collars that all have bearings on them. 

did you figure an overall measurement needed? 

I understand.

I have a new part on the way. Let me lay my hands on that first

22 hours ago, Patcon said:

I understand.

I have a new part on the way. Let me lay my hands on that first

I to understand, apologies for the delay. I hope the one you have inbound works out for you. If not let me know. I should have something that might work. 

IMG_7435.jpg

41 minutes ago, Terrapin Z said:

I to understand, apologies for the delay. I hope the one you have inbound works out for you. If not let me know. I should have something that might work. 

IMG_7435.jpg

That's great. I was just searching around on rockauto and they showed a part being available so I took a chance. We'll see what I get.

Your delay wasn't a problem. I was just being a little random...

• Thanks 1

So I received the new collar yesterday

I ordered a different one but it was out of stock. I selected another product and Rockauto shipped it for the same price as the cheaper one. Which I thought was cool!

20230819_085830_resized.jpg

20230819_085833_resized.jpg

It looks to be about 10mm taller. I might go over to Cody's tomorrow and check out the total stack height

• Like 2