IGNORED

280Z Fuel injectors, which ones to buy????

dmorales-bello

I was able to source 6 brand new Bosch injectors in their boxes with new seals from Motor Man Fuel Injection Supply for $399 shipped today so I pulled the trigger on those. He will also refund $30 if I return my originals as core. I'll report once I've done the swap. Thanks all for your help!

I was actually planning on doing the install myself and only going back to the mechanic if any issues arise after the swap. This way I would burn off some quarantine time, save some bucks and get a bunch of enjoyment. Motor Man supposedly bench tests all the injectors before shipping but now you've made me wonder...

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Job done! The Bosch injectors from Motor Man are in. I was waiting on stainless steel holder plates from Z Car Depot which arrived today and with the help of my son we put everything back together in about 90 minutes. Changed the fuel filter as well. Started right up but took about 4 or 5 minutes to run really smoothly. No leaks! 7d57739a28a7fc1b673da4f3be2f030c.jpg81e28ce450fc04bb7817cbaf4b8c5fbf.jpg

• Like 3

Took the 280Z out for a 25 mile drive this afternoon to test the new fuel injectors. Idle was a little low (700 rpm) while cold but after about 5 minutes it rose to 900 rpm and remained very steady. Weather in Miami was amazing, low humidity, 84 degrees and light traffic. What a perfectly enjoyable ride!

• 7 months later...
Hey! 
 Question do you need new holder plates when doing the install?
Not really. You can clean and polish your original plates if you want them to look good. If they're not beaten up, they'll work just fine. I opted for a new stainless steel set of plates for durability and looks.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...