IGNORED

Strut Tower Brace experience?

Gotcha - I'm mostly looking for the rear one on the condition that it keeps the cabin flex to a minimum so my damn interior panels stop clicking.  I tried putting tape and what not on the inside (definitely helped) but I was hoping/curious if a rear bar would put an end to that.

Any idea if it would?

11 minutes ago, chaseincats said:

Gotcha - I'm mostly looking for the rear one on the condition that it keeps the cabin flex to a minimum so my damn interior panels stop clicking.  I tried putting tape and what not on the inside (definitely helped) but I was hoping/curious if a rear bar would put an end to that.

Any idea if it would?

I have them front and rear, mostly for aesthetics since I don't track.  The rear one did not stop the panel squeaks.  I think that's why Nissan installed thin foam on all the edges.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, chaseincats said:

Any idea if it would?

I put in triangulated braces front and back and they do make a noticeable difference when pushing the car and the rear helps a bit for squeaks but what eliminated the squeaks for good was stitch welding all the seams in the car. That noise drove me crazy too, I didn't stitch weld the seams for that reason but it was a pleasant surprise when the car was all put back together.

5 hours ago, grannyknot said:

I put in triangulated braces front and back and they do make a noticeable difference when pushing the car and the rear helps a bit for squeaks but what eliminated the squeaks for good was stitch welding all the seams in the car. That noise drove me crazy too, I didn't stitch weld the seams for that reason but it was a pleasant surprise when the car was all put back together.

Not to thread hijack, but @grannyknot do you have pictures of your setup? I was working on it last night, I just wanted to see how the bars form around the strut brace. What’s the diameter of the tube used? 

I think I made the brace a bit wide at the firewall compared to the TEP mount. 

36417518-4203-4FB8-82C9-08A51815235A.jpeg

Remove all the rear panels.    Clean them real well. Spray the back sides liberally with rubberized undercoating.  Hit the contact points on the metal structure the plastic adheres to. The squeaks will become inaudible. 

Edited by Powerglide1956
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, heyitsrama said:

Not to thread hijack, but @grannyknot do you have pictures of your setup? I was working on it last night, I just wanted to see how the bars form around the strut brace. What’s the diameter of the tube used? 

Here you go,  I don't care for round tube so much so this rectangle tube worked for me.

DSCN0014.JPGDSCN0015.JPGDSCN0024.JPGDSCN0011.JPGDSCN0021.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1