IGNORED

Parts Refurb

jfa.series1

It seems to spray on thicker than any primer I have used, rattle can or gun.

A trick used with this spray putty was to spray the area and than directly after a very quick wave over with black primer. The idea is not to coat it with black, but to give it a speckle so when you block sand you can quickly see the low spots. Those spots gef a recoat and again with black primer.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SteveJ said:

@jfa.series1 - I think this is pretty close if not the same. After all, both are sold by Rustoleum. https://www.amazon.com/Rust-Oleum-Automotive-260510-12-Ounce-Sandable/dp/B006ZLQ4HQ

The spray filler is not as thick as the spray puty. Motip make both. The filler is for light sanding scratches.

4 minutes ago, SteveJ said:

@jfa.series1 - I think this is pretty close if not the same. After all, both are sold by Rustoleum. https://www.amazon.com/Rust-Oleum-Automotive-260510-12-Ounce-Sandable/dp/B006ZLQ4HQ

Thanks.  That's pretty much along the lines of the high-build products I mentioned and what I'll end up trying.  It will take several passes to deal with some of the rust pitting in the TS reflectors.

Hey folks,

As part of my refurb of turn signals and license lights, I am in need of a few parts.  On the left in the pic is the small/outboard bracket (larger one is inboard) that secures the turn signal housing to the valance - needing two of these with nuts.  On the right is the 30mm screw that holds the license light together, needing one.  I'm hoping that one of our more prolific hoarders might have these bits.  Not looking for freebies, will pay.

Thanks,

Jim

100_3827.JPG

2 hours ago, jfa.series1 said:

Hey folks,

As part of my refurb of turn signals and license lights, I am in need of a few parts.  On the left in the pic is the small/outboard bracket (larger one is inboard) that secures the turn signal housing to the valance - needing two of these with nuts.  On the right is the 30mm screw that holds the license light together, needing one.  I'm hoping that one of our more prolific hoarders might have these bits.  Not looking for freebies, will pay.

Thanks,

Jim

100_3827.JPG

I fabbed my own brackets for the front turn signals when I replaced the front valence with an air dam 6 or 7 years ago. https://fiddlingwithzcars.wordpress.com/260z-air-dam-and-front-bumper/

turn-signal-bolts-1.jpg

turn-signal-bolts-2.jpg

Edited by SteveJ
  • Like 1

On 4/13/2020 at 7:16 PM, SteveJ said:

I fabbed my own brackets for the front turn signals when I replaced the front valence with an air dam 6 or 7 years ago. https://fiddlingwithzcars.wordpress.com/260z-air-dam-and-front-bumper/

turn-signal-bolts-1.jpg

turn-signal-bolts-2.jpg

Steve - thanks for your comment and link.  I actually have the two brackets I requested but the studs were broken off on both.  Your link inspired me to salvage them by grinding the heads down flush and then popping out the remaining stud.  Now to follow the rest of your link with replacement bolts.

Jim

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

More Work In Progress: License Lights. While waiting for the inspection lights to get back from plating (they finally did!) I started on some license lights in the hoard. Of all the pieces and parts, three lights will make it thru to near term completion. The back sides have been painted flat white topped with clear to cover stains and increase brightness, bulb circuits all checked out, front covers going into primer. The gaskets on these units are usually shot but I was fortunate to find one not broken. To make new gaskets I had some 1/16" adhesive back neoprene on hand so I made a paper copy of the gasket on the printer, taped the copy to the neoprene, and cut out a new gasket.  It turned out to be too thin to easily work so I doubled the neoprene and repeated the process.  Success - three nice gaskets that fit securely in place.

LL04.jpg

LL10.jpg

LL11.jpg

LL12.jpg

• Like 3