IGNORED

Parts Refurb

jfa.series1

16 minutes ago, siteunseen said:

Are those plastic toggle switches still available from anyone?  I've got 2 lights with those broken off, not on either car of course so no biggie just curious.

Not to my knowledge.  Our good friend @S30Driver has substituted modern switches with a metal toggle with success.

• Like 1

Holy crap that is a lot of inspection lights. I just finished restoring 2 of them. They turned out fairly decent. 

Does anyone know if there is a source for the rubber grommet on the bottom where the wires exit. I’m sure I saw them advertised somewhere before. 

13 hours ago, colinc said:

Holy crap that is a lot of inspection lights. I just finished restoring 2 of them. They turned out fairly decent. 

Does anyone know if there is a source for the rubber grommet on the bottom where the wires exit. I’m sure I saw them advertised somewhere before. 

I have a grommet assortment box from Harbor Frieght, found a size that works well.  I do open the center hole with a drill bit to handle the connectors.  You probably don't have HF in Canada but likely a similar outlet.

34 minutes ago, jfa.series1 said:

I have a grommet assortment box from Harbor Frieght, found a size that works well.  I do open the center hole with a drill bit to handle the connectors.  You probably don't have HF in Canada but likely a similar outlet.

Thanks.  I think Princess Auto may be similar to Harbor Freight.  I will give them a try.   

4 hours ago, jfa.series1 said:

@S30Driver - any recommendations?

Nice de-fangeling Jim!

The ones I purchased are not available at this time.  This is roughly what you are looking for, a SPST on off toggle switch, the hole for the switch is 12mm,  I would probably solder the leads instead of using the screw terminal and remove the on off plate.  Not sure about the quality, but you get 5 for about 10 bucks.

https://www.amazon.com/Nilight-Rocker-Toggle-Switch-Waterproof/dp/B078KBC5VH/ref=pd_ybh_a_3?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=BGC5ZQ1MQTNHNWVSJWKE

81qQhnC8DJL._SL1500_.jpg

Edited by S30Driver
addition
  • Like 1