IGNORED

Datsun Spirit ITB's

northernz

Hi all, decided to share my recent install of Datsun Spirit ITB's. Got tired of fiddling with the SU's and I always liked the look of 6 velocity stacks on these engines. A friend at work loves my car, but he is a young guy who likes modern stuff! He tried to get me to swap in an RB26, we compromised on ITB's. He provided his garage and his labour for the privilege of working on the car!  The motor is bored out 85mm, 280Z crank, 268 comp cam with a street port and polish, it was always very finicky with the SU's, for some reason the weather seemed to affect the way it ran and idled, and it always ran rich even with nozzles turned down to only a 1/2 turn from closed. Anyway that is all history!

Several thousand dollars saw delivery of an ECU masters Classic black ECU, ECU masters wiring harness ( very good value, all labelled for each coil, injector and sensor for about 110 US),Burton fuel sump which allows retention of all fuel lines and mechanical pump,One Six Industries crank angle sensor, Patton Machine coil bracket, F150 coils, and of course the beautiful Jenvey ITB's, manifold, injectors and Datsun Spirit designed heat shield. 

itb.jpeginstall.jpgsump.jpg20190812_115703.jpgM

20190630_143115.jpg

20190721_132904.jpg

coils.jpg

tuning.jpg

20190721_132900.jpg

Resized_20190720_112146.jpeg

20190720_130511.jpg

welding.jpg

• Like 1

Fantastic, what a beautiful setup, looks well laid out. Will you be using filters on the stacks?  How soon before to spring for those beautiful basket of snakes headers he's selling now?

You know the only thing that grabs my eye is the throttle cable arching over the valve cover, they have handled it well on the firewall but it wouldn't take much to come up with a more discreet way of routing that cable near the TB's. It might just be me, stuff like that just begs for a little tweak. Looking forward to hearing when you're done.

Hey Grannyknot, I talked to Eiji at Spirit Datsun about a filter setup, he said "where am I driving, the Sahara?"! Doesn't use them  at all on his car. I think I will get some socks to filter big particles if I'm going on a road trip. We tied to keep the mechanical linkage for the throttle, but it was really too much bother, would of had to replace the throttle shaft . I'll look at the routing for the cable, we tried to keep a gentle curve so the cable wouldn't bind. The fuel lines around the sump are not too pretty, but I wanted the sump to make it easier to revert to stock setup.

• Like 2

Sorry brother, didn't mean to criticize your work, what do I know?  I just pictured a small pulley right behind the throttle shaft linkage that would turn the cable 90 degrees and run it along the bottom lip of the valve cover and another pulley on the fire wall to take it to the bell crank.

I think @wheee! did something similar recently, it looked really clean.

• Like 1