Jughead

Fender Emblem Installation

ZedHeads, 

Whats the best way to install the "DATSUN" fender emblems.  I juts got my new one and want to make I do it right the first time.  Is it as simple as pushoing the posts thu the holes until the lock washers engage?  Glue recommended?  Anything else?  THANKS!!!!

There should be a thin metal sleeve on the plastic post on the back of the emblem, take the sleeves off the post and insert them into the holes then install the emblem into those sleeves.  You can also use double stick trim tape.

• Like 2

Cliff,
I’m officially assigning you as the forum librarian. You seem to be able to find all old threads at the drop of a hat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I posted a similar question a few weeks ago.  The recommendation I received was to install the clips on the posts.  Then push the emblem into the holes.  That would prevent the barrel clip from getting pushed through the back side of the fender.  I followed that recommendation and it seemed to work for me. 

Maybe the librarian can sort this out and get back to us?  :)

6 hours ago, 87mj said:

I posted a similar question a few weeks ago.  The recommendation I received was to install the clips on the posts.  Then push the emblem into the holes.  That would prevent the barrel clip from getting pushed through the back side of the fender.  I followed that recommendation and it seemed to work for me. 

Maybe the librarian can sort this out and get back to us?  🙂

Thats what I did on my hood emblem when I removed it for cut and buff of the old paint when I first bought the car.  They made a click noise when they were seated. I did not push them up onto the plastic post.  Barely on then pushed the emblem down, click click.

43 minutes ago, siteunseen said:

Surely you're kidding?

Don't call me Shirley!

Sorry, I tried to resist.  But it's hot here and I'm not making good decisions.

Dennis

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, wheee! said:

Send heat this way... we have had three days no rain since May....

Currently, it's a balmy 117º F ( 47º C ) and climbing.  If I can find a big enough box, it's your's.  😎

Dennis

• Like 1

I'm in.... after 65 degrees Celsius in Afghanistan, I can handle anything.... except constant moisture. 😞

5 hours ago, wheee! said:

I'm in.... after 65 degrees Celsius in Afghanistan, I can handle anything.... except constant moisture. 😞

Topped out at 119º today.  More of the same tomorrow.  I can't wait to see my electric bill this month.

Dennis

On ‎8‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 8:29 PM, Jughead said:

ZedHeads, 

Whats the best way to install the "DATSUN" fender emblems.  I juts got my new one and want to make I do it right the first time.  Is it as simple as pushoing the posts thu the holes until the lock washers engage?  Glue recommended?  Anything else?  THANKS!!!!

I installed the barrel clips on the posts of my metal B pillar emblems and push them on without adhesive.  They went in great.  Then I put the barrel clips on the posts for the rear hatch and hood emblems.  They went on just as easily although I had to press them in a bit harder.  They were plastic.  No adhesives.  I haven't installed the front fender emblems yet but I don't expect any problems regardless of outdoor weather conditions. :beer:

• Like 2

6 hours ago, 87mj said:

I installed the barrel clips on the posts of my metal B pillar emblems and push them on without adhesive.  They went in great.  Then I put the barrel clips on the posts for the rear hatch and hood emblems.  They went on just as easily although I had to press them in a bit harder.  They were plastic.  No adhesives.  I haven't installed the front fender emblems yet but I don't expect any problems regardless of outdoor weather conditions. :beer:

What he said ^^^.  It doesn't hurt to put a wee bit of lube (just a film coat) on the barrel clip prior to pushing it thru the sheet metal.