Jughead

Fender Emblem Installation

    Recommended Posts

    ZedHeads, 

    Whats the best way to install the "DATSUN" fender emblems.  I juts got my new one and want to make I do it right the first time.  Is it as simple as pushoing the posts thu the holes until the lock washers engage?  Glue recommended?  Anything else?  THANKS!!!!

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    There should be a thin metal sleeve on the plastic post on the back of the emblem, take the sleeves off the post and insert them into the holes then install the emblem into those sleeves.  You can also use double stick trim tape.

    • Like 2

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Cliff,
    I’m officially assigning you as the forum librarian. You seem to be able to find all old threads at the drop of a hat.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    • Like 1

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    I posted a similar question a few weeks ago.  The recommendation I received was to install the clips on the posts.  Then push the emblem into the holes.  That would prevent the barrel clip from getting pushed through the back side of the fender.  I followed that recommendation and it seemed to work for me. 

    Maybe the librarian can sort this out and get back to us?  :)

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    6 hours ago, 87mj said:

    I posted a similar question a few weeks ago.  The recommendation I received was to install the clips on the posts.  Then push the emblem into the holes.  That would prevent the barrel clip from getting pushed through the back side of the fender.  I followed that recommendation and it seemed to work for me. 

    Maybe the librarian can sort this out and get back to us?  🙂

    Thats what I did on my hood emblem when I removed it for cut and buff of the old paint when I first bought the car.  They made a click noise when they were seated. I did not push them up onto the plastic post.  Barely on then pushed the emblem down, click click.

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    43 minutes ago, siteunseen said:

    Surely you're kidding?

    Don't call me Shirley!

    Sorry, I tried to resist.  But it's hot here and I'm not making good decisions.

    Dennis

    • Haha 2

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    14 minutes ago, psdenno said:

    it's hot here and I'm not making good decisions.

    Dennis

    Same here.  I haven't been out in 3 days.  Going a little stir crazy, alcohol helps. :beer:

     

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Send heat this way... we have had three days no rain since May....

    • Sad 1

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    2 hours ago, wheee! said:

    Send heat this way... we have had three days no rain since May....

    Currently, it's a balmy 117º F ( 47º C ) and climbing.  If I can find a big enough box, it's your's.  😎

    Dennis

    • Like 1

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    I'm in.... after 65 degrees Celsius in Afghanistan, I can handle anything.... except constant moisture. 😞

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    5 hours ago, wheee! said:

    I'm in.... after 65 degrees Celsius in Afghanistan, I can handle anything.... except constant moisture. 😞

    Topped out at 119º today.  More of the same tomorrow.  I can't wait to see my electric bill this month.

    Dennis

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    On ‎8‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 8:29 PM, Jughead said:

    ZedHeads, 

    Whats the best way to install the "DATSUN" fender emblems.  I juts got my new one and want to make I do it right the first time.  Is it as simple as pushoing the posts thu the holes until the lock washers engage?  Glue recommended?  Anything else?  THANKS!!!!

    I installed the barrel clips on the posts of my metal B pillar emblems and push them on without adhesive.  They went in great.  Then I put the barrel clips on the posts for the rear hatch and hood emblems.  They went on just as easily although I had to press them in a bit harder.  They were plastic.  No adhesives.  I haven't installed the front fender emblems yet but I don't expect any problems regardless of outdoor weather conditions. :beer:

    • Like 2

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    6 hours ago, 87mj said:

    I installed the barrel clips on the posts of my metal B pillar emblems and push them on without adhesive.  They went in great.  Then I put the barrel clips on the posts for the rear hatch and hood emblems.  They went on just as easily although I had to press them in a bit harder.  They were plastic.  No adhesives.  I haven't installed the front fender emblems yet but I don't expect any problems regardless of outdoor weather conditions. :beer:

    What he said ^^^.  It doesn't hurt to put a wee bit of lube (just a film coat) on the barrel clip prior to pushing it thru the sheet metal.

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Create an account or sign in to comment

    You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

    Create an account

    Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

    Register a new account

    Sign in

    Already have an account? Sign in here.

    Sign In Now