IGNORED

1972 240Z Vintage Z Program Car up for Auction on BaT

lonetreesteve

Yes, the console badge is missing.  Evidently, the air-conditioning has been added since the original build.  Someone commented about the ride height and my photographs of this car show a similar ride height so I'm tempted to think that it has oil shocks instead of gas shocks.  Gosh, the tires don't do the car any favors.

I'm also wondering what happened to the original sale paperwork and the certificate. 

71ZStore-BillSale.jpg

CertAuthenticity-select.jpg

ConsolePlaque.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HS30-H said:

One particular personality attempting to dominate the room there again I see.

"...IMO since only 38 were built .. they are the single rarest Product sold by Nissan..."

Clueless.

Yes, who IS that guy? Lstepp4re?

3 hours ago, siteunseen said:

I don't think the HKS Zero-R counts as a rare *Nissan* product, as it was produced by HKS based on a standard production model R32 GT-R.

I'm thinking closer to home, and within the S30-series Z range. Top of the rarity pile for me - and qualifying as a truly special model in terms of spec and details - is the PS30-SB 'Fairlady Z432-R'. Quite, quite different from the PS30 'Fairlady Z432', and only a handful sold to the general public for road use. Certainly less than 20 examples. 

• Like 4

Speaking of VZs, I found these shots of a program car on display I took back in 2002 at the MSA show in Orange, CA. If my memory serves me, it was for sale at the show in the mid 20K range.

I don't believe Gunderson Nissan was one of the authorized original Vintage Z car resellers.  Being this was taken a few years after they were first sold, I wonder if it spent part of  its life as a showroom display or maybe was traded in for a 300ZX and brought to the show to find a buyer. 

I wish I had taken a photo on the VIN.:facepalm:

Image011.jpg

Image014.jpgImage015.jpg

Image012.jpg

Image011.jpg