IGNORED

Trouble shooting

grannyknot

53 minutes ago, grannyknot said:

yeah, funny now.

You got to learn to laugh at yourself. Your standard of workmanship probably does t see too many mistakes like this , but it will happen to the best of us. I’ve done many dumb things like this , but I do learn - until I do something different dumb - lol. 

I would still like to have your skills for efficiency and class of work any day !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

After my oversight I left the engine alone for a while and started doing other stuff, today I started the engine, brought the timing down to 10 degrees advance by adjusting the distibutor.  Idle is now 750 rpm with the idle screw turned out 2.5 turns  ( I'm sure I read somewhere that it should be turned out 6 full turns)  Does that sound about right for where the idle should be?

The 1st pic is where the distributor is sitting now at 10 degrees, 2nd is warm oil pressure, pretty sure that is just those low reading sending units but I think I might install a modern sensor and gauge to find out.  The temp gauge never gets higher than this.

IMG_0172.JPG

IMG_0171.JPG

Edited by grannyknot