IGNORED

Sender Yellow WIre Missing

240z70

While that is a very nice low vin, I have to say there is nothing different with the fuel sender wiring on a early car compare to any other 69-70 car. I am guessing based on the fact that you stated in a early post that there is a green wire going to the fuel pump that some PO has messed with the wiring as a 69-70 car would not have had a rear fuel pump and has it been added. So I would recheck the loom. It might be a white connector the the short piece for the fuel sender plugs into. Follow the green wire back into the main loom.

• Like 1

Ok, here are some pictures take on the top rear/right and on the bottom rear/right.  Disregard the black bundle (2) that you see on top.  I added those there myself so they are not part of the equation.

top rear right (1).jpg

top rear right (2).jpg

top rear right (3).jpg

top rear right (4).jpg

top rear right (5).jpg

bottom rear right (1).jpg

bottom rear right (2).jpg

bottom rear right (3).jpg

bottom rear right (4).jpg

bottom rear right (5).jpg

bottom rear right (6).jpg

bottom rear right (7).jpg

bottom rear right (8).jpg

bottom rear right (9).jpg

It looks like someone pulled those wires out of the harness. Here is where the "rear body harness" to the rear starts on a Jan 71:

(Sorry, this is only photo I have of Rear Body Harness Connections)

image.png

image.png

Here is where the rear body harness connects to the dash harness:

(Yellow sender (Y) is in right most molex connector in photo below. It also has green with black stripe (GB) and green with red stripe (GR))

image.png

image.png

Here is the schematic portion with the above cables: (

image.png

• Like 1

Ok after seeing these photos I take back my statement that the wires will be there. It looks like some major hacking has gone on with the harness. 240260280 is correct check the connector at the passenger foot panel, if it is there then you might find where the wire has been cut at the back end. 

Yep, I wonder what else i am going to find or not find..... Well, regardless, its only obstacles for me to work out slowly as I find them.....AND have a good time at it..Its a project in progress....hahahah.   Its going to be like fishing, its not what you catch but rather do you get a few bites that keep you wondering when its going take a serious bite and meanwhile enjoy the beauty of nature....And if i ever find that I dont enjoy it anymore, then its time for it to find a new owner.

Thanks guys...Now im gonna backtrack to the front..and find out where it got cut/removed...

Edited by 240z70
Forgot something...
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...