IGNORED

Sender Yellow WIre Missing

240z70

CAR: 240Z build date 11/69:    Problem:  Cant find the YELLOW wire to connect to sender.  It does not exist in the back harness any place.

From what everyone says and from various manuals, there are two wires going to the sender:  1 black/ground and one YELLOW.

Does anyone have any ideas?  I am stumped.  Any help/idea would be greatly appreciated.  

Is it the fuel gauge sender? Once upon a time I had my tank out to clean, paint and seal. When I put the tank back in I buried the sender unit wires between the tank and the car. Had to lower the tank to pull the wires for the sender out. 

Clarifications:  It is the Yellow wire for the fuel sender that I am looking for in the back.  

I cant find it neither below the car nor on top inside the right and rear panels in the hatch area. 

All wires there are used for the lights except for one green wire which goes below deck and powers the fuel pump. 

I dont need to drop the tank because I have already dropped it anyway and its not the standard z fuel tank.   There are NO wires of any color obstructed by this tank.

There are no wires colored yellow at all either below deck or above it.. 

So the question is where is it?

Edited by 240z70

There is a diagram on page BE-3 of the 70 factory service manual. You can download the manual from this site. Look for the link in my signature.

The yellow wire should be in the bundle with the rear lighting and dome light.

Rechecked, but no wad of wires anywhere below.  Actually the only wire that comes below is a green wire for the fuel pump, and below is also a black ground wire that is connected to fuel pump.  No other wires are present.   I also rechecked the top and all the wires are loose not in a loom so I can see that there is no yellow wire and that all of them go to the lights except  the ones for the dome light.

Does anyone else here have a 240z  built in 10 or 11/69?  I need to have someone with one of the 69 built z check what their wire for the sender looks like and where does it come out of the frame with pictures if possible OR someone who is very knowledgeable with the 69 series I 240z..... 

Jan 1971

Two sections of the rear harness pass through the floor near the rear right tail light

1. Front pass through contains fuel sender wires (blk & Yel  along with fuel pump blk & Grn)

2. Rear pass through contains rear ground wires (two black wires from harness crimped to one connector)

image.png

Here is the front pass through with fuel sender and optional fuel pump wires.

image.png

Here is the ground wire connection (2 wires crimped to O ring connector)

image.png

Here is refreshed ground connector extended from the broken part above. It is  connected to frame near fuel tank. (The black is sprayed corrosion protection.)

image.png

Here is sender and fuel pump connectors routing:

image.png

image.jpeg

Edited by 240260280
  • Like 2