IGNORED

My Mecum Purchase - 1972 240Z

718Miata

Nice purchase at a very nice price! :beer:

Don't know if it will take all of that upward bow out---- try using the lower mounting hole shown in your second grill photo (the one with the horn visible in the photo).

Something I noticed, not related to this issue, but look closely at the third photo in the original listing. (The one taken from the passenger side rear quarter looking toward the front of the car)

It appears in the photo that the door is misaligned at the lower trailing edge of the door with regards to the top of the rocker. The bottom edge gap of the door should be consistent from front to rear and the rear edge gap should be consistent from bottom to top.

It may be perfect, but the photo makes it appear not so. I don't know, just saying.

Maybe check it out to be sure? Might need a little tweaking.

Its been a crazy week at work and I am just now seeing this thread.  Wow!  What a nice Z and WOW, what a great price!  As other's have already said, barring any major issues you flat out stole it.  Shocking the seller did not have a reserve on it as classic Z car prices have really been on the rise for the last 5+ years.  I concur with everyone else, drive it, maintain it, and enjoy it.  Its appreciating all by itself so you owe it to yourself to get some real seat time in it.  If you like Miatas, you will love the Z.

I referenced Zedy in your other thread looking or a mechanic.  He is a great guy with a sweet silver 240z himself and a Datsun Roadster.  We all look forward to your updates and driving impressions.

Zup,

I do think the door is slightly off and that your perception is correct. I will add that to the repair list. 

Hardway, 

The reserve was only $10,000. And Mecum was simply the wrong venue for this car. It should have been on BaT. 

On 4/21/2019 at 5:44 PM, Mike said:

Just trying to figure out your comment...  So, he restored the car and it had no cracks?  After leaving it outside one day in the hot sun, he came out to see the new ones from that day?

I also went through a whole restauration and didn't have any cracks. Never more then 2 hours in the sun after a month the cracks started and keep coming...

I believe it.