IGNORED

240Z vs. Ferrari

hmm, is there a car you would rather have than your Z, lets say it just fall in your lap. Now the qualifier is you have to keep it, no selling to buy a bunch of Z's its going to be something you actually drive, maintain and insure.

I go to car shows now and then, and never see anything I would want more than my Z for a driver (gas mileage/insurance/maintenance and fun).

I kinda like E types, but cost of maintenance becomes an issue. No to  American muscle (mustangs/vets/chevelles) mainly do to poor gas mileage, again I like to go on long trips..

Edited by Dave WM
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Dave WM said:

hmm, is there a car you would rather have than your Z, lets say it just fall in your lap. Now the qualifier is you have to keep it, no selling to buy a bunch of Z's its going to be something you actually drive, maintain and insure.

Lotus Elise

Ford GT

Lancia Stratos

Edited by 240260280

Well, a 240Z with a hot-rodded BMW engine, and a faux GTO body - who knows, it might beat a real GTO at LeMans.  And a lot cheaper to insure, as the most recent GTO sale I'm aware of was in August at RM Sotheby's Monterey auction:  $48 mill + buyer's premium.  Hot-rod Zs have a way to go to catch that. 

• Like 1

Well, my neighbor has a Ferrari 430. The service costs are astronomical. He had its annual service which was $1,250. God help him if something actually breaks. While the car is nice it’s just too expensive to enjoy.
I have a 1977 Z that I’m about to begin restoring and to me it something I’d rather have over the Ferrari. There is some nostalgic about the Z. I guess I like the fact that you can make it into what you want without taking out a second mortgage. Classic American muscle cars fall into this category too but they are far more common. I see classic Cameros, Chevelles, Vettes almost daily. I’ve never ever seen a S30 Z where I live on the road. In fact I’ve seen one 280z in the road in Montana when I was on a trip. Before that I cannot recall. I saw 1964 Vette yesterday, but never a Z. They just aren’t out there. Many rusted away and the years they were dirt cheap people trashed them, teenagers ratted them out and when they died people just dumped them. No many were interested in restoring these cars until the past decade. The body style is still a thing of beauty today and that’s why these cars are special.

• Like 4